Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Partnr Mail R 1.8 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 3, 2005
US
Can anyone fill me in on the older Partner Mail R1.8 that looks like it was housed inside a P.C. How does it interface with the Partner system or was is designed to sit outside the system. Can it be used as stand alone or interfaced with lets say other key systems?

Dave,
The Phone Doctor
Las Vegas, NV USA

"You're Never Alone When You're Near A Phone!"

...Lily Tomlin
a/k/a "Ernestine

1,8 is the first release , I wouldnt use it for anything other than a emergency backup .

its likley it will fail at any time now

Dave - spend some time on the Avaya support site:

There you will find manuals for ALL the systems that you seem to have taken on. All the different releases of Partner, Partner Mail, VS Mail, Messaging, Legends, Magixes, and older Merlins.

Thanks everyone.

In the new versions the extension 30 and 31 are being used for the 2 port system. Are these usually the default extensions and can they be moved to higher number extensions in the event I am setting up a system that actually uses over 31 extension sets?

Dave,
The Phone Doctor
Las Vegas, NV USA

"You're Never Alone When You're Near A Phone!"

...Lily Tomlin
a/k/a "Ernestine

Skip555,

I just tested a pile of old Partner Mails yesterday. Among them was a R1.6 and a R1.5. And they still worked! More than I can say for newer production Avaya voicemails that crash within a year or two.

Brian Cox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back