Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PartnerPlus 206E R3.1 only 1 port for 4 wire phone? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

PartnerPlusNoob

Technical User
Feb 8, 2021
US
Hi All.
This Partner Plus system was here way before our company and nobody knows more than 'It works! If not--> restart and re-seat!'
Last week one port on a 206E R3.1 died. I was able to call out, but nobody could hear me. Phones, plugs and cables triple checked. No dice. Boss said 'Grab one off the 206E modules from the shelf and add it. Gives us 8 more ports".
Well, he was right.We have 8 more ports, but only one works for system phones (MLS-12D) on all the other ports the phone is dead, only 2 wire phones have a dial tone and work.
He keeps telling me that this programmable what phones each port supports. I can't find anything in the manual or the internet about this setting and think this is just another very old,(partially) broken module.
I tried the copy settings function, but that did nothing.
Is there really a way to get system phones to work on all ports other than a board repair?
I'm obviously not a phone system technician and any help is highly appreciated.
Thanks.

All Partner station ports support both 2-wire Analog and 4-wire system phones, NO programming necessary.

The exception is the Partner Endeavor and the 362 module, which only supports analog phones on the last 2 of the 8 station ports. It is not compatible with the Partner Plus system.

It appears that you grabbed a defective 206E module, so try another. If you don't have any more, refurbs are available in the $50-$60 range.

Also, if you go off hook on a system phone, Press Feature and dial #1 (maybe call your cell phone first, so the line is clear). You will hear a series of TouchTone digits being dialed, (they are all digit 1), but note the number of beeps and the pattern if any. Like 3 beeps, pause, 2 beeps, which indicated your Partner Plug processor is Release 4.0

Thank you TouchToneTommy.
That will bring the programmable port discussion to an end [smile] .
I don't know if i will take the risk to try another module. One developed a very unpleasant smell very quick after pluggin it in. The other two had obviously contact with a lot of water, according to their stain's.
For right now all phones are working.
(Never touch a running system [smile] )
Thanks again.

Hi all.
Any ideas what the common failure on these modules is?
Refurbs for 50-60$ doesn't sound like a very difficult repair, if you still want to make some money with it. I would like to tinker with one the modules myself.
Thanks.

Station ports can become loud due to capacitors drying out over time. Power supplies can fail as well (sometimes with a spark & pop).

If the Partner system meets the needs of the company, I would suggest upgrading to a Partner ACS R8 processor, a suitable number of 308ECs and either a Partner Voice Messaging, or an Avaya Partner Messaging. Despite being discontinued, the PACS R8 hardware will be newer than the Partner Plus, and, will offer the most (and final set of) features available on the Partner platform. [smile]

I [love2] "FEATURE 00

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back