Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Partner VS Mail 4.0 Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

twofeathers

Vendor
Aug 11, 2003
US
I have installed a Partner VS Mail 4.0. lines 1-5 are set to answer after 4 rings. The customer wants Lines 6-7
set to answer immediately. Can any rev of VS mail do this?
Processor is a Partner II 3.0

sorry on a Partner 11 3.0 you have 2 choices IMMEDIATELY (2 rings) or delay ( 4 rings ) for the system , it not the mail ,you need to replace the Processor to acomplish the ringing at least ACS R 5.0

Hi twofeathers,
I think R3.0 would be okay, but may as well get the most current (that being the R6). R5's may be discounted though.
-Chris

Whoa, I thought minimum CPU revision for voicemail was R3.1??!?!

Hi 392,
My docs say Partner II R3.0, Partner + R3.1 for voicemail.
In case there is confusion, I was referring to the ACS release revision. Life is a whole lot better with the later ACS releases.
-Chris

Hmmm, and I thought my pile of 3.0 PIIs were trash! Well, maybe they're just junk...... :)

Hi 392,
Well, they are just the ticket for a small system or a cheap existing customer. They are worth something there, and the install / programming are worth more.
So, not junk. It's your charity case pile. ;-)

-Chris

Maybe I didn't ask my question in the right way....
After looking at my situitation I will probabily have to upgrade my processor.

What I want to acheive is:

Attendant will answer lines 1-2-3-4...after 4 rings, if she dosen't answer then... Vioce mail will answer.

The sore spot is the Boss of this company wants to have line (5 and 6) when called... to be answered immediately by Auto Attendant. I realise both path take you to the same message, but special clients and family would not have to go through the attendant or wait for four rings.

I can't see Partner having this ability but I am not up on the later releases of Partner ACS. His arguement......
My friend down the street has............and his system does this.

Looking for answers????

I now know why they call this holiday "Labor Day"....
It's rained all weekend here in Missouri..So in front of my Computer ..I Labor.

In doing some research, on my initial thread ;I stated I have a Partner II 3.0 with a 4.0 Voice Mail. I've hade some strange things happening. I see a lot of you Guys answer questions on Tek-Tips and on Phonejack. I noticed on Phonejack, it was stated for Voice Mail to be completly compatible with Partner II, the processor need to be a minimum of 3.1. (clocking takes place in Processor) I will assume at this time it controls (time & date) and possibly ringing options.??? So for now, I guess I change the processor from a Partner II to a Plus 4.1.

This brings me back to the initial problem..
Can there be mixed modes for when VM will answer?
Lines 1-2-3-4 Delay
Lines 5-6 Immediate
within the same system.

I never get the simple installs.

You will need at least an _ACS_ release 3 to acheive the different ring times. You will then be able to set the VMS Hunt Delay on a per line basis.

But as long as you have a Partner II, and you just want your "backdoor" lines for family/employees/special clients to be answered immediatly, why don't you use DXD for lines 5 and 6? DXD gives you up to a 20 second message, and then waits for the caller to input an extension number. Just assign the lines to DXD instead of Call Dist. Group 7, set it to 0 rings, put a DXD button on Ext. 10 and tell them to always leave it on. Set the lines to delayed ring so you don't hear them ring in, but you get some type of alert if someone turns DXD off. Record the DXD message from Ext. 10 or 11 with Intercom 892.

Hi twofeathers,
If you are going to spend money, then get at least to an ACS R3.0. If you can afford it (your boss), get to an R5.0. Check on E-Bay. There are some deals to be had. TouchToneTommy has a workable solution if you are stuck.
-Chris

Hi twofeathers,
you didn't mention if your current configuration is requiring one or two carrier's. If it's two, it could cost you $$$ to upgrade to an ACS.

I would like to thank everyone at Tek-Tips for the help and suggestions. TouchToneTommy had the right idea that solved my problem. DXD

I now hove Lines 1-2-3-4 going to voice mail after 3 rings.
Lines 5-6 go to DXD with message in place.
set ring to 0 (immediate)
at Station 10 program DXD button and set line 5-6 to delay ring in case DXD gets turned off.

When Line 4 is called it answers and never rings...
simple message...please dial your station now.
Enter extension for example (13) station will ring until answered....OOps this won't work.. so added extensions to Automatic VMS cover.... now rings 3 times and goes to VM.

Now one other thing to add; to check VM...soon as the DXD message answers dial your first VM Messaging extension.
Example (in my case) sta 30-31-32 or 33.
Please enter Extension...just as with AA

All is well and customer is very happy...even paid me before I left..

THANKS EVERYONE!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back