Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Partner Voice - Voicemail Won't Pick Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

kslagerman

Technical User
Jun 20, 2012
US
Hello,
First my apologies, I am not a power user, or very proficient with this type of system at all but I am trying to work through an issue for the small company I work for, as we have lost our usual phone system programmer and I am filling in for a while. With that said, if you can please hang with me for a second I'll try to explain as best I can..

The company I work for has a very dated Partner Voice system. Probably going back, without any upgrades to about 1999. I do not know what version or the hardware specifics and I am unable at this time to get access to the phone room where it is kept. (any way to determine otherwise?)

Our system is configured with 8 mailboxes and extensions 10 through 20 (as far as i know). Some extensions have an actual phone and some do not and just ring then go to voicemail. I am trying to assign a voice mail box for a new employee to an extension but when I go through the steps and test, the extension just rings indefinitely.

I am trying to assign voice mail box 6 to extension 15. I went through the setup, ext 777, 0#, initialized mail box 6, and then assigned it to extension 15. I can then access the voice mail internally via 777, and change it's password, greeting and it's answer mode is set to "record", however, if I try to transfer a call or intercom to Ext 15, it just rings indefinitely and the voicemail never picks up. I have also tried assigning mailbox 6 to other unused extensions we have, such as 18 and 20 and run into the same problem where it just rings with no answer.

I do have access to a phone with a screen at extension 10, but from there I am a bit lost on how to troubleshoot this. Could this be a patch issue at the hardware or just a programming error? I'm hoping someone can give me a direction to move or even some specifics. I am very new to this system and trying to help out and am eager to learn this better. I gave this forum and the internet in general a good search and ended up right here.

Thanks,

I'll assume you have a Partner ACS, if you don't this may not work:

Login to system programming from x10 (Feature,0,0 Left Intercom, Left Intercom)
At the system program prompt on the screen enter #310 (Automatic VMS Cover)
At the Ext? prompt enter 15
Press 1, display should read: 1=Assigned
Press the left intercom button
At the system program prompt on the screen enter #321 (VMS Cover Rings)
Press the number associated with how many times the phone should ring before going to voicemail (probably 1 ring is adequate)
Press Feature,0,0 and test.

If it works, do a backup of system programming.

DDayton,

That solved my issue perfectly. Thanks very much for your help in this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back