Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Partner Voice Mail VS R4.0 Hunt Group or Call Group 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

chevyman1

Technical User
Apr 5, 2006
US
A medical clinic. Five incoming lines, five call takers, ext 10, 12, 14,16 and 18. I would like them to take incoming calls one a time (as directed by the voice mail system, (push 6 to make an appointment)) spread over the five extensions. If all call takers are tied up with the five incoming calls then the sixth caller would get a busy signal. Should I put the five extensions (call takers) in a Hunt Group or Call Group? If one of the call takers does not answer the incoming line I'm not sure what I need the system to do.

You would put them in a calling group. I am not 100% certain (haven't done it for a while) but I think when you put them in the calling group, all member's phones ring simultaneously until someone in the group answers; I am not 100% sure what happens when the group is full; I think the incoming caller may hear ringing until someone is available? I remember doing this once and putting a strobe light in the group, so the supervisor knew as long as the light was flashing, there was a call coming into the group. (The strobe light had an RJ11 plug so it just became an extension in the group.)

With five CO lines in hunt, the sixth caller will get a Telco busy! Unless you have a feature like Call Forward Busy on the last line to go somewhere else, or other. The Partner has no control over the lines hunting, that is a CO switch feature.

You would need to add more lines if you want more capacity.

....JIM....

Thank you syquest. Should I put them in a Hunt Group or a calling group and why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back