Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Partner system dying?

Status
Not open for further replies.

random192

Systems Engineer
Aug 16, 2019
US
Hello,

I have an old Partner system I've been helping to maintain but I think it might be dying. I tried to help them move some extensions around yesterday and ran into what I thought were cabling issues. I was getting a situation where the phone was getting a display but no dial tone. However, directly connecting a working phone directly to the card in the partner system produced the same result. What I don't understand is why some of the ports seemed to work for a while after I first moved the cross connects but eventually I seemed to be getting problems from all 3 extension ports 13, 19, and 27. It also confused me that I was getting the same problem off ports from different cards that seemed to all crop up at once is this common when a Partner starts to fail?

Brian,

When you go off-hook while directly plugged into a suspect port, if you get no dial tone,jump over to your intercom and see if you get intercom tone. If you do, then test your C O lines for dial tone. Your Telephone is programmed for "Auto-Line Select" and the line it is accessing could be dead. If you do not get Intercom tone then the T/R circuit in the port is dead or you have a bad mounting cord.

The specific model of the Partner system isn't specified so the system could be a Partner Plus, Partner or something else. While the Partner platform has been discontinued, the R8 processor and final revisions of the various modules might be worth considering in refurbished condition.

I [love2] "FEATURE 00

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back