Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Partner shutting down vibration 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 3, 2005
US
When I was installing this preowned Partner ACS the system Proc and module 1 would go off line and the green light turned off.

This only happened when I was punching down on the 66 block right next to it and the back board was vibrating from my punch down.

I though maybe the vibration was causing this, maybe a disk error.

Anyone know of the Partner being sensative to movement or vibration.

I was able to power down and remove the power cord and restart to get it back on line. When I punch down form now on I am shutting the power off on the carrier.

Dave,
The Phone Doctor
Las Vegas

Sounds like a bad carrier, there is no hard drive in the processor. Make sure the modules are seated all the way back, Do this with the power off.

Make sure the cards are seated, and any retaining devices are seated as well. The cover being in place may help as well. How close do you have the 66 blocks to the cabinet? I use a 25 pair pre-made whip that can be punched down prior to going live with the processor on new installs. You can cross connext before powering up as well in some situations(new installs with no prior system in place). You might try a new blade in your punch tool, or changing the setting to the 110 setting, I believe it has a lower inpact level.

You do not always get what you pay for, but you never get what you do not pay for.

Along the same lines, are your cross-connects connected to the Partner as you are punching down? This could cause the system to get "shocked" and experience the issue you are having. Always make sure your connection has not been make to the Partner while you are punching down or else keep the Partner powered off as aarenot suggested.

How many cards in the carrier? If it's a two-card carrier then you may want to put screws in the back to hold them in (I ran into a similar problem with two card carriers).

5 slot and it is pretty old. cards are browing at the tops were the power supplies are.

I reseated them all and just turn it off when I need to punch down. Installation is pretty much done.

Put a DLI 16 Port Voice Logger on it. Simple installation and works like a charm. Easy to use and they gave ma a few hundred off each to buying 3 at a time. Nice company to work with. Install manual is a little confusing but once instlalled it is easy to use. My client loves it. I will use them again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back