Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

partner r6 noise on 4 lines 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

webbj4

Technical User
Sep 5, 2007
US
I have the partner r6 system. I have 15 phones hooked to the system. I have a ringing noise on 4 of my phones. 3 of these lines have the same 3 numbers programmed into each other so they can all be answered in different offices.
The other line is by itself in another office.
I have had this system for about 2 years with no trouble.
This noise started about a month ago according to one of the users. I have checked the d marc and the noise is not on the phone co. side. I also checked at tthe partner system
where extensions come out and the noise is there.
I have the processor module and [2] 308 ec modules [3.0]
Also when I retrieve system info there is an error message
in the diag. that says ME_LANOLOOP count 85 :no loop current on line 110 check line
How do I check this or would this have anything to do with the noise?
Also, could the 308 ec module be causing the problem or is the error message pertaining to the module.
Sorry about being a long question and I appreciate any help

I didn't see if you had mentioned weather the bad lines are all on EC modules or on the main processor, but it is possible that something has gone bad.

If the line cords that run between the demarc and the processor test out fine, then some other steps you could try include:

Power down the system, unseat the last EC module, power up and see if anything changes. Swap the ECs to test the other module.

Replace modules, one at a time, to see if that clears the problem.

Other posters might have some more ideas so stay tuned! [smile]

Are all 4 phones on the same card? Is a line ringing when you have the noise or just the phone itself? Have you pulled out the Co lines from the cards to see if the ringing stops? I have had a 308 go bad and cause this. I also just had a processor cause this. Power down and pull out the 308 cards one at a time until it stops. Or pull everything out but the ACS Proc . Power up and if it works add cards until it comes back. I guess I just repeated the first reply.

Given the description of the hardware, I don't think it would be possible for all 4 lines to appear on a single module. The R6 processor and the 308ECs are all 3x8 units.

I appreciate the responses and ideas. It will be Monday before I get back to the phone system. One thing that I did do after I first posted was tried the intercom system and it also made the noise on those same lines.
I will try pulling the modules Monday.
Thanks

I put in the new module and everything went quiet again.
It was a bad module.
I gave 450.00 for a reconditioned module, are there cheaper places to get them? and how much
Thanks

Bobby,

We have tried Telecom Hit on some ACS repairs and it seemed they repaired the easy ones but anything other than a basic power supply repair and a port or two was sent back as non repairable. Anyone else have a better experience

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back