Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Partner R6 caller ID

Status
Not open for further replies.

lsbarker

Technical User
Dec 17, 2008
US
Customer had an ACS R1 - duel service from AT&T with caller ID. Both locations were getting and displaying caller ID. The ACS is at their place of business an the other is their home with single line caller ID phones. R1 died, replace with R6 now no caller id. Tried second R6 the same, both work at my office. Turns out when AT&T removes duel service they get caller ID on the R6. Turn duel service back on no caller ID. Central office has an older DMS XXX.

It certainly sounds like a C O problem, or maybe an AT&T problem. Dual service, Syquest, means the have the same dial tone or phone number going to 2 different locations. Anyway it's not an ACS equipment problem, IMHO.
Good luck.

a gunfight, sword-fight

dual service, sorry should not depend on spell checker so much.

The secret with "spell check" is to actually read the stuff!

A POTS line that has multiple locations: you have a primary, and all additional locations are called Off Premise Extensions, or OPX. The CO switch has no effect on OPX functionality. It would depend on circuit design. If the design has more elements, like a voice repeater or loop extender that could cause problems, or if the OPX is provisioned on a loop carrier or DLC that could present other issues other than just a bridge lifter and two cable pairs. So your issue is definitely a provider problem, and need to find out circuit make up and limitations for CID on OPX service. You might want to escalate the trouble report to a supervisor level for more help.

....JIM....

lsbarker-
If I'm reading your original post you said with the R1 the caller ID worked at both locations, if this is the case and AT&T did no work on the ckt's, first I would test the caller ID at the ACS end with either a butt set or a SLT (single line phone)and see if it's coming in and we'll go from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back