Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Partner Plus & Partner II

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhoneTechMan

Programmer
Jun 4, 2002
US
Does anyone know how long programming is retained in these systems after a power outage? I can't seem to find that info anywhere in the manuals. Thanks In Advance.

If the batteries are dead, NO time at all. It they are still good, I have seen them hold for a year.

Tommy, thanks for the quick reply. I'm trying to find out for a customer who had a short power outage yesterday morning, for about five minutes she tells me. When the power came back, the system lost all programming. She said that they've had much longer power outages in the past and the programming was always retained, but this time it was lost. I'm thinking something happened to the processor or the batteries, possibly a power surge. Any thoughts?

Sounds like the batt. where good on the last outage but have gone bad sense then, the way to test is do a fast program change and shut it off then back on and see if it lost it, if so the batt. is dead. If it's working and holds programming until power goes out then the Processor is fine it's the batt.

A trusted source for years.

been told batteries life of 3 to 5 years, and that seem to hold true in the field after replacing some

batteries are soldered to the processor PCB and are replacable

you really ought to sell them a UPS so the phones dont go donwn after 5 min outages

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back