Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Partner Phone External Speaker

Status
Not open for further replies.

dplotts

MIS
Jul 28, 2003
US
We have 18d phones. Is there any way to hook up an external speaker that is louder?

We have web confrences and the audio comes through the phone, it just isn't loud enough for everyone to hear.

I assume a speaker phone such as the Polycom Soundstation would work, but it costs a good ammount, more than we are willing to spend.

I'm looking for some sort of speaker that can be set ontop of the table, and hook into the aux port on the phone.

You can get a Valcom amplified speaker (w/power supply) and simply hook it to the speaker leads inside the telephone (this will require taking the phone apart). May want a matching transformer. Be mindful that it will make the speaker louder, and may mess with the VOX switching function if you're using true speakerphone.
Mike

use the valcom amp with a external speaker . something you need to experiment with , I would try one off a old boombox or maybe evan a amplified set of PC speakers .

If you dont want to spend the money for the polycom you will nedd to experment a bit . Radio shack used to sell a little "convince amp for around 20.00 we used these for specials before we ralized it just wasnt worth messing with .

Ive seen 1a2 ORATOR's used in similar applications if you can find one .

oops meant to say viking amp , should be able to plug it into the AUX port .

again if you dont want to spend the $$$ you will have to (or find someone ) to cobble something up

Hi dplotts,
I hate to say it, but something like the Polycom Soundstation really is the best solution. Why not see if anyone has refurbs?

Other solutions work until you get really sick of dealing with them, but it's up to you. How much is your time worth to look and try different things?

-Chris

Does anyone know which Avaya vendor supports Google?

Steve

Hi sos2715,
Now you have confused me completely. What do you mean?

-Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back