Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Partner messaging question 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsaad

IS-IT--Management
Jun 20, 2002
US
Customer wants to have multple AA options to ring groups of phones and then if not answered all end up in operator mailbox 10. As such if I call in and press 2 for the sales department, it will ring 3 phones (say 12,13 and 14) and then on no answer end up in mailbox 10. I said this is not possible when using calling groups, you must have a group mailbox. I believe I am correct, no?

What version of voicemail are you using. There is a way to deliberately mis-program a setting in the VM Port programming, so that the group call returns to the VM, and then transfer over to the Call Answer Service Operator.

It is a later model Partner Messaging voicemail, the darker gray color. But I am not sure what exact version.

According to the manual, you're supposed to set Transfer Return Extension for each of the VM ports to Ext. 10. This is so when a call is transferred to an extension without Auto VMS Coverage, and goes unanswered, it will transfer to Ext. 10.

This is not the case for Calling Groups, the call will ring forever.

BUT, set Transfer Return Extension for each VM port to themselves (actually factory setting) - #306-XX-XX (VM ports are 18 and 19, set #306-18-18 and #306-19-19

In Partner Messaging, create mailboxes, WITH a phone, for the Calling Group you are going to transfer to (71, 72, 73, and/or 74). While creating the Group Mailbox, also assign it as a Phantom Mailbox, with Mailbox 10 as the destination.

Record and activate a greeting in the Group Mailbox (can be the same verbiage as Ext. 10's mailbox).

A call transferred from the Auto Attendant to a Calling Group will ring in the group until the Transfer Return Rings in #105 is met. It will then RETURN to the VM port that originally transferred it. The system will see a matching mailbox, play the Greeting, and deposit the incoming message in Mailbox 10.

If your Partner Messaging is R7, you can have multiple Phantom mailboxes send their messages to Mailbox 10. If you have Release 6 and have multiple Group mailboxes, make the phantom destination an unused AA's General Mailbox, and set Ext. 10 as the MW receiver. So say a call transfers to Group 72, comes back, Mailbox 72 answers, the incoming message is placed in Mailbox 9992, and Ext. 10 gets the light.

Thank you. I will have to try this out!!

It worked as described. I am testing in the office on a R1 messaging. It will only allow 10 as a phantom to 71, for 72 it will not accept 10 as the phantom, must assign another mailbox. But maybe that is different on a later model voicemail?

Only R7 allows you to send multiple phantom mailboxes to a single receiver. So, you can either send to other extensions, or send to 9991, 9992, 9993, or 9994 (one per general mailbox) and make 10 the message waiting receiver. They just have to check all of the mailboxes that will be receiving messages, until the MW light goes out.

Thank you. They have a darker gray colored unit otherwise I am not certain how to identify what revision. The customer will only want 1 mailbox for 3-4 different ring groups.

Thank you very much and Happy Holidays.

When you log into the voicemail, instead of pressing 9 to go to the programming menu, press 7 and Joyce the Voice will tell you the Release.

Aha, it's an R7 as I thought! Awesome.

I have a customer on release 7.0.
They have a PC large with Partner Messaging.

Can I create a queue of calls for just one extension?

For example if I have the auto attendant set to a selector code that sends calls to Ext. 16 Deli department, customer would like calls to queue up.

I posted here because this Post is recent, and I see my guru TTT is responding!

alwayslearning

Set Auto VMS Cover on Ext. 16 to Not Active (#310-16-2)
Set Abbreviated Ring for Ext. 16 to Active (#305-16-1)

Set the system's Transfer Return Rings to 0 (No Return) (#105-0)
Set each the VM Ports' Transfer Return Extension to Ext. 10 as the manual states.

Set the Selector Code in the AA to transfer to Ext. 16
Create Ext. 16 with Transfer Only permission

Call comes in, AA answers, selector code transfers to Ext. 16 as normal, ring-beep on the Intercom for the first ring, and then ring-beep-beep on whatever line it was received on until answered. NO coverage if it doesn't get answered.

2nd call comes in, selector code transfers to Ext. 16, it rings once on the Intercom, then continues to ring on the line key it arrived on. Since Abbreviated Ring is Active, the phone only makes one audible ring sound, even through the call is still there ringing away. When the Deli is finished with their initial call, and hangs up, the newly transferred call starts ringing normally.

Same for additional simultaneous calls, until you've filled up all of your lines.

Train the Deli to put the receiver back in the cradle when finishing a call, so that the longest waiting call will ring next, otherwise they might skate to a newer call by accident.

Wow! I knew TouchToneTommy would have the answer.

Thank you very much
I will get out there and program all these steps.

alwayslearning

Touch Tone Tommy, I followed your instructions above.

But it seems in my AA greeting, can I have the zero selector code ring more than Ext. 10?, or any other selector code?
Currently I am using selector code 3 only for the deli.
I looked into creating some type of group, but gave up at the time.
Thank you TTT

alwayslearning

You have 4 Simultaneous Ring Calling Groups, 71, 72, 73, and 74. Since you don't want voicemail coverage if not answered, be sure that the Transfer Return Rings setting for each VM port is set to 10. Assign the extensions you want to ring at the same time to one of the Calling Groups, in the Messaging create the Calling Group extension with Transfer Only permissions, and then set the selector code to transfer to the group. 0 is a selector code, but it is programmed separate from 1 through 9, because it is also the timeout option, but it can also go to a calling group.

All right, what are the extension numbers that you want to ring simultaneously when a caller presses 0?
Which slot is the Partner Messaging in, how many ports is it, and what is in the other slots (by Slot and the module is in it)?

TTT first of all I know my PC small VM is on ports 78, 79

from memory, I have a 308 EC in slot 1, and a 308 ACS in slot 3.

I do not remember nor have pics of KSU, and the new style cover is on it.

I do not want to drive all the way over.

I do have a paging group setup either 70, or 71?

I need Ext.s to ring with the zero prompt as follows 10, 11, 15, 17, 18, 19, 20

alwayslearning

Hey, it's Friday night again!!!

I didn't realize that you are dealing with Partner VOICE Messaging, instead of Partner Messaging

You can't change the Dial-0/Timeout destination. The stuff about Selector Code 3 going to the Deli is all valid.
And you can add Extensions to Groups, but you can only point Selector Codes 1 through 9 to the Calling Group extension numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back