Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Partner Messaging PC Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

tsettle

ISP
Jul 16, 2003
US
I've got the 2x16 pc card coming, and am reading through
the destructions for the thing. I see that I have a
number of options as to how many mailboxes I can have,
but it appears that the recording time is automatically
configured based on the number of mailboxes.

I would like to configure 2 real mailboxes, one with 30
minutes, the other with the remainder of the time (90
minutes or so). In addition, I'd also like to be able
to set up 2 additional answer-only extensions for
informational recordings.

Is this possible? If so, how so?

Thanks,

-Troy

Sorry, on the PC mail the time of the mail box is determined by the amount of box's you decide on. With the VS 5 and Message 1 and above you can adjust the storage time but not the PC mail.

Hi tsettle,
Note that changing the number of mailboxes after the unit is in use will blow away all existing user mailboxes and messages. The unit ships default in 8 mailbox mode and can be set as high as 16 mailboxes (the 12 mailbox spec is based on 10 min. each). There is only one attendant greeting (no night greeting).
Limited function, but great if your needs aren't demanding. You must assign the logical mailbox number to an extension and keep a list of the translation. The user only needs to know their extension number as the mailbox number. You can set a mailbox to answer only mode. (ie. announcement).
-Chris

Chris,

Thank you for the input. I was aware of most of what you said, but it's nice to see that I'm on the right track.

I'm hoping that at a minimum, this solution will give me 3 things:

1) automatic system answer
2) place callers into a hold queue
2a) at night, immediately prompt caller to leave a message
2b) during the day, leave callers in hold queue for up to 5 minutes, then prompt them to leave a message.

Anything above and beyond that will be a huge bonus.

If only I could afford the IP Office at this time, I'd be quite the happy camper.

Hi Troy,
I'm thinking that you want the R1 or whatever is current in stock. The PVM cards do not give you a night attendant. You also can not redirect a "0" at night to go directly into the general mailbox. It will ring ext 10 first.
I don't know about a hold queue. That is normally a function of that stand alone voice messaging. It will ring the reception phone (you can set the rings for each ext.) and then get voice mail coverage for ext. 10. You can turn off abbrev. ringing for ext.10 so it continues to ring if you want.
Of course, the easiest thing is the answer rings. The system will set that individualy for each CO, day and night.
The Partner will work nicely with more expensive voice messaging systems. These will even tell the caller how many are in queue before them. Now you are into money.
Don't know if that helps,
-Chris

Ok, my new toys arrived, and getting things set up is pretty easy for the most part.

My sytem automatically answers, I can press 2 to transfer to ext 71 (call group 1). After 4 rings, the transfer return rings a specific extension (12), which is assigned to voicemail box 3. THe call rings and rings and rings. No voicemail. What gives?

I try setting the transfer return to *12, but get an error.

So, how would I go about ringing a calling group, then having voicemail pick up after so many rings?

I really hope I don't have to go get an old-fashioned answering machine to handle this (though it would work perfectly).

TIA,

-Troy

Hmm... ok, nevermind.

What I eneded up doing, was set up a selector to forward to group 71, with transfer return kept at 78/79, which results in an unanswered call being transferred to ext 10, which accepts voicemail.

Not exactly ideal, but not bad for the cost of the processor upgrade and pc card.

I also really enjoyed using the remote access administration, except all that pointing and clicking is almost as tedius as punching through codes on a system phone.

Now to get a few extensions up on VOIP. What fun it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back