Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Partner Messaging Orange Light

Status
Not open for further replies.

pshull

IS-IT--Management
Aug 27, 2004
US
Hi,

I just bought a Partner Messaging unit. When I plugged it into my 5 card carrier, it turned on, then had a green light and after 3 seconds or so switched to an orange light. This is the first time I've used the unit.

Thanks for the help!

Partner Messaging 1,6 or 7? Do you have the required port license card plugged in? If so then program the VM ports on the system- #505 hunt group #7.

-Hal

I am fairly certain it is a Partner R1 (thats what it says on the front label. Yet there is an R6 sticker on the side of it (I bought it refurbished). All I did was plug the Voicemail 4 port card into Slot 1, then I stuck the Voicemail Module into my 5 port carrier. The light glows orange. Do I need to do something else to make the light glow green and then proceed with programming it? Do I have a defective unit?

pshull,

you can remove / reinsert the port card without powering down the system....take it out or put it in the second PCMCIA slot and it should go into tech mode by calling the port extension....and how many other cards and what slot did you put the vm in?

SET CRTL ALT DEL = #728
-----------------------
greg

I have a 5 slot cabinet with a Partner ACS R6 (in the middle slot) and a 308EC (in slot 1 [the furthest left slot]). I put the VM in slot 2 in between the 308EC and the processor.

I had a similar situation happen with a Partner ACS R6 and a Partner Messaging R6. I switched from a 2 card holder to a 5 card holder. I put the ACS into slot 3 and the Messaging card into slot #5 (far right). The Partner Messaging's status LED glowed orange.
I moved the Partner Messaging to slot #1 (Far left) and the status LED went green and the system has worked properly ever since.

Dexman,

Your solution worked. I dunno why the Partner Messaging unit needs to be in slot 1. But when it is in Slot 1 it powers up with a green light and I can access it. Second question is... How do I change the damn IP address? I took a spare computer (set the IP to the 10.0.0. range) and connected it to a hub with the partner system and was able to access it with the remote admin software. It appears you can't change the IP address with this software. I can't seem to find the cable D8W, 355AF online. How can I switch the IP so it is in my address block of 192.168. ?

Thanks!

I haven't worked with IP addressing yet, so I'm not going to be much help on that.[sad] I think the reason that the Partner Messaging module works in slot #1 has something to do with port numbering, but I'm not 100% sure.[ponder]

Hi pshull,
Connect to the vm's RS-232 port with the 355A adapter to your computer com port. 38400 baud 8N1 none. Log in with sysadmin and the normal password for mailbox "0". Follow the menu. I use Hyperterminal, I imagine any terminal program will work (such as HA5).
The voicemail will work in any of the four slots. You need to have the vm ports programmed correctly for it to recognise the system (hence the orange error light).
-Chris

If you don't have a 355 adapter to connect directly to the serial port, use your modem to dial into the voice mail amd dial **3 at the prompt. This will transfer you to an internal modem. Wait for the screen that prompts you to press enter to connect, then press enter, and follow the prompts from there.

Connect your modem to a station port that is programmed to select intercom first, and have it dial 777,,,**3

Touchtonetommy,

I don't have the Automated attendent enabled, yet. I do have a modem connected to a station port (17) that is set to automatically go to intercom. (I use that port to program my Partner ACS remotely.) I imagine that with your suggestion I just need to use that same modem, open hyperterminal and have it dial 777,,,**3. When I do that, it says no answer. Any idea?

itpphone,

I understand what you are saying and it makes sense. When I plugged the voicemail card into the slots: 2,4, or 5 the only light that came on was orange after I turned the system on. I litterally took the 308EC out of slot 1 and stuck the Messaging unit in slot 1. I then put the 308EC in slot 2 and kept the ACS in slot 3. I turned on the system and I had green lights on everything.

Hi pshull,
You just need to program the proper ports into hunt group 7 with no blank card slots to the left of the unit. To dial in as TTT suggested, get the hunt group working and on intercom dial tone dial "777". When the vm answers, dial "**3". You can play with pauses "," in your dial string to do this.
-Chris

dialing 777,,**3 does not work. I get a "No answer" from hypertermninal. I do have the 777 group setup. I can dial 777 from an extension phone and get the "welcome to merlin messaging" message. Phone thing, I tried to dial **3 from the phone when i got the message and I got nothing (just air). Unlike when I pick up the phone and dial extension 76 and I get a modem sound.

If you're not getting modem tone when dialing **3 from a phone when logging into voice mail, the internal modem is bad.

After staying on the line after I dial 777 and then **3 from a telephone, the system says "The modem is in use." This is a Partner Messaging R1.

Hi pshull,
I haven't tried going in this way. I use the direct RS-232 method. Works every time. There are pin outs for these on this site. This adapter was normally used for SMDR and programming a Legend / Magix system.
-Chris

The Modem is built into the license card. Also there are alot of "BOOTLEG" license cards going around that do not have the modem in them. Not only can you NOT do remote access but they won't let you back up your programming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back