Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

partner messaging hard drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

ds0ocx

Technical User
Jun 1, 2003
US
I have a partner messaging R6.0.2 with a bad hard drive in
it. It is an IBM 20GB travelstar hard drive, Costs $39.00
Comcode 700262090 Avnet# H288H21812 is on the hard drive label. Can this drive be replaced? Seems real simple, I can find the IBM drive but not the Avaya comcode one. Has anyone tried to replace this drive with a generic IBM drive?
If so what OS format was used?

The Partner and Merlin Messaging mods have Avaya proprietary software. Find a good Avaya repair shop that can repair it for you. Drew Telecom Group in Michigan or Metroline are ones I've used in the past.

The problem is that the hard drive has more than just an operating system. It has Joyce the voice and all kinds of other folders so a generic hard drive will not work because you would need all of the other stuff that was on it.

Bob

Thanks. You have been loads of help.

My unit is release 7. I wonder if it's best to make a backup image of the VMS's hard drive (with linux's dd or another similar program in windows) for restoring a new hard drive when the old goes bad?

Has anyone been able to restore a new one from an old harddrive backup?

Also, does anyone know how much information is backed up to the 2/4/6 port card?

d - it can be done with the right clone SW but you run the risk of copying corrupted PMSG system/data files which will cause immediate or random operation problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back