Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Partner Max Line & Station Config 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

aeronet

Vendor
Jul 23, 2006
US
What is the max number of carriers, lines and stations on a Partner system?

Depends on which Partner system.

Partner Plus - 8x24 with four 206 mods. 6x18 with VS Mail or Partner Messaging.

Partner II - 16x48 with 8 206 mods. 14x42 with VS Mail or Partner Messaging.

ACS R2 to R6 - 15x40 with all 308 mods. Still 15x40 if PC Messaging used. 12 x 32 with VS Mail or Partner Messaging.

ACS R7 - 17x41 with 509 and all 308EC mods. 14x33 with Partner Messaging or VS Mail R5.

Configurations will differ with the use of 200, 400 or 012 mods. I didn't mention the T1 module as it has been a buggy product.

Brian Cox

Thanks. Well can you tell me does aything below Partern ACS have Caller ID available? Like the Parter Plus or Partner II?

I have always used Partner ACE with the EC modules but wondered if the older series used allowed CID?

Brian, What should the T1 module be able to provide as far as line and station configuration?

Another question. If the expansioncabinet is used is it possible to add another 4 to 5 308EC cards?

Is there an expansion module used in each carrier linking the two carriers together into one?

The T1 adds 16 additional trunks to an ACS R6 or higher. The T1 circuit must be configured as SDSL.

Only the Partner II can be expanded to a second cabinet. 308EC mods are not compatible with the Partner II. ACS is not expandable to a second cabinet.

Brian Cox

How strange that they would not allow the ACS to expand. D you know the reason why?

Can Partner II handle CID? If so and the 308EC will not work then what card would I use for trunks and stations sets?

I would be using the older Partner Mail metal wall mounted box for my voice mail application.

Does Partner II have remote access available?

If Avaya were to allow expansion of the Partner ACS, it would have cut into the sales of the Merlin Magix.

With the Magix now out of production (many people feel that Avaya made a mistake by killing it), it would make sense to modify the ACS to allow further expansion.

VOIP may be the "next big thing", but not everyone is ready to embrace it.

If a site has a Partner II with the 206EC cards and Partner Mail are there any REAL major advanrages to moving them up to the ACS.

The age of the modules might need to be considered when deciding if it is worthwhile to upgrade to the ACS platform.

The older the modules get, the greater the chances that a port is going to fail or a module could experience problems after a power failure.

Another consideration is that hard drives in the Partner Mail, Partner Mail VS and Partner Messaging don't last forever. Is it worth while sending a defective unit out for a drive replacement, or do we upgrade?

For example how much more control over voice mail will I have if I upgrade to the ACS platform?

Is this this only advantage to upgrading as far as features and outside the age of the modules issue?

An added note. if I upgrade this Partner I will loose the extra carrier and have to reduce the number of stations my customer now has. Yes we can reduce some stations but I don;t know if the trade off is worth it.

Don't forget, with a Partner ACS R5 and newer, you can use the 012E module which adds 0 lines and 12 stations.

A new 5 slot carrier with (2) 012s and a 308EC will give you 3 lines and 32 extra stations on top of the lines and stations provided by the ACS processor. [smile]

This is the first time I have heard about a 0x12 moduel. Thanks. I think that will some some of the expansion issues.

Is this module used very often. I have never seen it advertised for sale on Metroline. Any suggestions for were to purchase it?

Any news if Avaya will allow expansion to second carrier since Magix is not longer in production?

BTW is the 0x12 an E or EC? I need CID support.

Sorry, it is late and i am on a service call and tired and just got finished fighting with a roach that would not stay away from me during the installation of a cable run!

I forgot you pointed out that it is a station expansion module and only adds stations not c/o lines. No need for the EC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back