Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Partner Mail VS R4.1 with PACS R7 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Telecomboy

Programmer
May 8, 2003
US
Installed this morning and they have an issue where when they call voicemail, it rings 6 times before answering. The only thing I could think of was to change the vms cover rings down to "1" for the voicemail ports, but that didn't work. Is there an integration issue or something special that needs to be done to get them to answer quicker?

Check that ONLY the VM ports are in Hunt Group 7, and call each one of them individually to make sure that they answer. Put an Auto-Intercom button for each VM port on a phone, so you can repetadly dial Intercom-777 and verify that they answer and cycle through the group.

I did check that. They are the only ports in #505. They do always answer, it just takes 6 rings for them to answer.

Are you refering to the amount of rings before the auto attendant picks up or the rings for a call to an ext covers to voice mail?

I think #506 sets the number of rings before the auto attendant picks up.

If it ain't broke, I haven't fixed it yet.

Actually, when checking messages by pressing 777 or the voicemail button on a phone, it rings 6 times before answering. The other functions work fine. It's happening when the customer is trying to access voicemail to check messages.

So the problem is not that the auto attendant is taking too long to answer incoming calls. Dialing "Intercom 777" results in about 6 rings before the "Joyce the Voice" answers and says "Welcome to Partner Mail VS".

After backing everything up, try power cycling the system and see if anything changes.

when checking messages by pressing 777 or the voicemail button on a phone, it rings 6 times before answering.

So, did you try my suggestion above to add Auto-Intercom buttons for the VM ports, and watch and see what happens when you dial Intercom-777?

Is the 6 rings consistant on EVERY call to VM, or is it fine for a few calls, then 6 rings, then fine again?

TTT,

It does not happen evrytime (but about 80%). I will add those speed-dials and see which port appears to be the culprit (or if it is isolated to one).

I did add the speed-dials for the 4 ports. It happens on every extension if I call them directly or if I call 777. Interestingly enough, if I hit vma, hang up and hit vma immediately again it answers right away. Otherwise, everytime it rings 6 times before answering. weird

the VS uses the last ports in the slot and acts as a 206 card, not the first like the messaging does. Do you still think you have the right ports assigned as this is easily overlooked

Joe W.

FHandw., ACS

If you can't be good, be good at it!

It might be a failing hard drive.

I have the right ports. I've checked and double-checked that. It answers everytime, just takes 6-rings. Plus, if it was the wrong ports assigned, it wouldn't answer at all when it hit that port. I think it's a bad hard-drive.

it will actually answer if you hit a port that has RNA and then go to the next one but you are probably right with the harddrive.
I didn't mean to step on your professional toes but it happened to all of us that we assigned the wrong ports when mixing up Messaging and VS.

Cheers

Joe W.

FHandw., ACS

Gentlemen, I have a PARTNER ACS R7.0 Matrix from Avaya that shows that PMVS R4.1 is not compatible with ACS R7.0. PMVS R5 is the only one that will work. There is also a note that earlier versions of PMVS R5 may have to be upgraded.

Interesting, so it is an integration issue. The voicemail works fine otherwise, it is just when checking messages that it takes 6-rings to answer.

If I remember correctly, the issue between older Partner Mail VS voicemails and the R7 processor had to do with the DND feature. I'm not sure that the number of rings before the system answers is a part of it.

If the budget allows, upgrade to the current Avaya Partner Messaging.

Dexman is right the only thing that caused problems is if the DND is engaged on sets then the inband signaling is not working correctly and the VM doesn't know what to do with the call. has nothing to do with delays I am afraid

Joe W.

FHandw., ACS

Alright. So we're back at it probably being a bad hard-drive. Thanks everyone!

what modules do you have installaed, and in what order? do you have the VM extensions set correctly? how many vm ports do you have?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back