Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Partner Mail VS install question

Status
Not open for further replies.

KAXEFM

IS-IT--Management
Aug 21, 2006
US
i've got Partner Mail VS R4.1 and am trying to install the expansion card to bring us up to 4port/20 mailboxes. i'm totally green on the Partner system and need some hand holding. here's what we have:

5 carrier system,
slot 1 206EC
slot 2 Partner Mail VS R4.1
slot 3 ACS
slot 4 206EC

when i install the expansion card, 20 mailboxes do appear but incoming calls ring into the voice attendant immediately. i thought i added VMS Hunt Group Extension to HG 7 for 26, 27, 28, 29 but i might've messed up that proceedure.

is the process:
1. shut power off, install card
2. bring up system (now 20 boxes)
3. modify hunt group 7?

if that's all there is, i'll retry it. fortunately, i've got the system backed up and the restore feature works well. i've used it several times today!

-Dan Houg
KAXE-FM

Is it an ACS( if so what release)for sure or a Partner II or Partner Plus?????

it has an ACS module and R1.1.1

what about the issue of incoming calls ring into the voice attendant immediately. i don't want that.

Call all the extensions on the voicemail 24-29. What happens on each one?

i'll have to reinstall and configure to test that. i'll post tomorrow. thanks for looking at this issue!

-dan

A shot in the dark, but in system program. Check and see if the lines are assigned #206 Line 1,2,3 etc. If there assigned, then Auto Attendant will pick up.

I seem to remember that the Partner Mail VS module must be in the lat slot (right) t work in the system. Might be worth a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back