Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Partner Mail vs 5.0 Messaging not answering 777 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Savvydog

Technical User
May 25, 2007
US
Greetings,

I'm using Partner Mail VS with Partner ACS 6.0.
When we try to access the messaging using Intercom then entering 777, about 80% of the time it just rings and the attendant does not answer. This occurs at all times of day and at all extensions. Only 10% of the time does the attendant answer on the first attempt.

Anybody have any clue as to how to fix this?

Cheers!!!

Check Hunt Group 7 for any members that are not actual VM ports. Then put auto-intercom buttons for each VM port on a phone and repeatedly call 777 to watch if each port actually answers.

Thanks for the quick reply.
Would you mind elaborating (ie: "any members that aren't actually vm ports," and "auto intercom buttons")?

If it helps, ext 10,11,12 and 19 have voice mail attached.

Cheers!!

Well, you're going to have to be a bit savvy on your phone system.

You need to know what type of voice mail, where it is placed in the carrier, and the other cards and their positions. This will tell you the extension numbers of the voice mail ports.

Once you know that, you go into System Programming, and check #505 for Group 7, for EVERY extension available in the system, to see that only the voice mail ports are assigned. If there is some errant assignment, calls to 777 will cycle through each extension, ringing 4 times, before it moves to the next one. So calls could ring 4, or 8, or more times, then reach voice mail. Then the next call would reach the next voice mail port, then the next one could hit another errant extension and the whole process starts over.

In the user guide, it will explain how to program a button on a phone to call another extension, and the light next to the button will indicate the status of that extension (idle or in use). Basically, Feature 00, press the button to be programmed, press the Left hand Intercom, then dial the extension number that you want the button to represent.

The manual for the phone system and the voice mail system can all be had, for free, from

OK...
Slot 1(308) Ext 18-25; Slot 2(308) Ext 26-33, Slot 3 ACS 6.0 Ext 10-17; Slot 4 (206) Ext 34-39; Slot 5(VS 5.0 4 port card)Ext 42,42,44,45.

So if I understand.... #505 should only be assigned to 42,43,44,45 ....correct?

Cheers!!

How many people are accessing it at once? Only 4 people can at on time.

Good thing I only have four employees.

As far as I am aware, it happens when only one person tries to access it.

Cheers!!!!!!!

If my math is correct, those 4 ports are the right ones.

what happen to extension 40 and 41? Should those be the first mailbox extension

Not on VS Mail, it uses the last 2 or last 4 ports, as opposed to Partner Messsging which uses the first 2/4/6 ports.

Unlike the Avaya Partner Messaging where you assign extensions to Hunt Group #7 in ascending order, you assign ports to Hunt Group #7 in descending order with the Partner Mail VS.

In this particular situation, extensions 40 & 41 will not be used.

Thanks everyone!!!!!!!!

All is now well. There were two extra rogue extensions assigned.

Cheers!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back