Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Partner Mail Release 03 - unable to log in as admin through phones or serial port, lost password/hdd

Status
Not open for further replies.

ts312

Technical User
Dec 11, 2008
US
Hello again - trying to repair some old Partner Mail 03 stand alones to replace a dead one but can not remember how to re-serialize.

When attempting to log in from a partner telephone as admin, no default passwords work - I'd like to reset/default the system.

When attempting to log in from serial port, I'm prompted for System Password but no factory default passwords and serial number does not work.

My notes from a few years ago tell me to re-serialize the hard drive - but I must be missing a step, I'm not able to get to any menu (admin or otherwise) when a PC connected to serial port, it boots and just goes to a "system password" prompt.

PartnerMail_PM03_xzv4cm.jpg

I tried to review my old post ( ) but can not find a clue as to the step im missing to begin the re-serializing of the system/hard drive.

Thanks for nay help!

Hey @TouchToneTommy - you still around? You seem to have a good memory for these things! Love to hear from you again!
Cheers!

I believe with Partner Mail you can use the serial number as the password to reset it. To do so you log-in as admin and then when asked for the password put the serial number of the unit (I think just the last 6, or maybe the serial is just 6-digits). Once entered, you power cycle the unit and then you should be able to access with the default.

Hey, I'm still here! If the serial number doesn't work to get you into the drive, there are 2 backdoor passwords that you can contact me and give a try

Thank you both- Tommy, how do I contact you ? is your email on your website somewhere?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back