Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PARTNER MAIL R3.0 - password / access / reset 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmjm

IS-IT--Management
Apr 7, 2001
US
I have a new client with a used PARTNER MAIL R3.0 (not VS) that we're working with.

It allows you to login with 9997/123456, and when you select "9" for system administration (I think that's right, isn't it?) it asks for a passowrd again.

Have tried 123456 / the sn from the label on the box / the sn from the VM cards, and the reset procedures described elsewhere in these forums (system never says 'goodbye').

Any suggestions in painfully clear step-by-step detail would be appreciated, as I must be suffering from brain cramp overload...

try this

connect a null modem from your laptop to com 1 on the vm
set hyper terminal for 1200 . 8 data , parity none stop 1 hardware controll
when asked for a password try P1zza (thats a one instead of a I in pizza or br00k (00 not oo)

select b shutdown

it will ask if you are sure ?

say yes
pres escape

when the > prompt appears type INIT type yes

this will defualt the VM you will lose all messages and prompts and will have to rebuild it but it will reset the admin mailbox.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back