Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Partner Mail Problem 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

scjohnso

Technical User
Oct 8, 2003
US
I am having problems getting my voicemail to work. I thought I had the extensions right, but nothing is seeming to work. My configuration is:

slot 1: 400ec R3.1
slot 2: Partner Mail VS R4.1
center: Partner ACS 3.0

What should my extensions be for this setup? Is there any other setting that could cause the voicemail to just not work? Thanks

Actually, the 400 card is treated as a 206 as far as extension ports go, so the ACS is 10-17, the 400 in slot 1 is 18-23, and the VS Mail is slot 2 is also a 6-extension card so it is 24-29. So, for a 2-port it is 28 & 29, for a 4-port is would be 26 through 29.

Ok, I have my Hunt Group 7 extensions set as 28 & 29. Still getting a busy signal when I dial intercom-777 though... Is there anything else that could be sausing this? My power light is on on everything. Thanks.

I spoke too fast. Extensions 22 and 23 are now working for the voicemail. I guess that fixes it. Thanks

whatdoyaknow! I do know what I'm talking about now and again!

Glad things are working!

An ACS will not return a busy on a 777 unless there are no extensions programmed in group 7 or the stations themselves are busy/off hook. Putting in the wrong extensions will return a ring/no answer, not a busy.

TouchToneTommy is dead-on-correct in the extension numbering sequence when a 400 module is involved. You still have an issue with group 7.

My hunch is that you have some extra extensions programmed in group 7, at least one of which is extension 10 or 11. When the hunt rotary attempts to connect the call to the extension you're programming from, it gets a busy. I'd lay money on there being wrong/extra extensions in #505!

28 & 29 should be the correct hunt group extensions, given the configuration posted in the original question. Put 28 & 29 back in the hunt group, then directly dial each extension. If the voicemail answers you have the correct stations assigned and all other stations assigned to the hunt group must be unassigned for proper functioning of the voicemail.

Brian Cox

Your extensions should be 28 and 29 with the card config. you gave. Make sure no other ext. are assigned to hunt group 7, #505, also make sure C.O. lines are assigned in #206

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back