Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Partner Mail Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

richfriend

Technical User
Apr 30, 2003
US
I have a Partner II R.3 and a Partner Mail R3 Stand Alone Box (4 ports) that is set up and functioning.
Intermittently, a caller will be stuck on hold after transferring to an extension covered by voice mail. The call times out and is returned to the default extension (10) where it is covered by the general mailbox. This hapens on one specific mailbox only, and the system is not busy when it happens. The COS for the mailbox is 2.

Any suggestions.

Sounds like the extension needs automatic vmail coverage.
extension (xxx)
Assigned (1)

Thanks for the response.
It is assigned to VM coverage.
Some calls to the extension are answered appropriately by the VM, others get stuck on hold on some random basis.
It only seems to happen with this particular mailbox.

Are all four port extensions in group 7 (#505)?
Can you remove all but one extension at a time from group 7, test each port and each extension, and duplicate the problem?

Hi richfriend,
Is it possible that all four ports are busy at the time? That is the only reason I can see for the vm not to answer. Try and program the vm ports on a phone. You can see when they are busy then and also call each one to check the port. I have seen Partners do strange things if there is lot's of noise on the AC supply. If the unit is not on a UPS, I'd recommend it.
-Chris

Also, verify that it was set up correctly. Are the correct ext #'s set to #505? Just a thought.

Thanks for the help...I replaced the line filter/surge protector that was on the line with a UPS and it seems to have solved the problem.

Thanks again to all

While you think you're green, you're growing,
but when you think you're ripe, you're rotten.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back