Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Partner Mail 3 Battery?

Status
Not open for further replies.

phxx

Vendor
Sep 22, 2006
US
Does the Partner Mail ( old metla box ont he wall ) version 3 have a battery to retain the time and date?

Strange thing when the power goes off the date reverts back to 1989 however that time comtinues to keep current. Even if several hours have passed?

If there is a battery, how do I locate it, remove it and were can I find a replacement for it?

Ive got one like that , I just keep it on a good UPS and reprogram once in while

battery is on the motherboard but I would be concerned about losing BIOS info and not getting it back up

I wouldn't attempt to change it

I hae several 1.0 versions and they seem to have a lot of booting up problmes. The version 3's do not seem to have this problem.

Do you have any of these problmes with the lower versions? Also I have a few drives that have taken a dive. The box and voice cards are ok but the drives are dead. I would like to bring these back into service.

Any suggestions on replacing these with a copy of version 3? If so what drive can I use and how do I copy it to the drive. I believe they are working on DOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back