Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Partner II Ver 4.1, Night Service Button issues.....not answering properly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 2, 2002
US
Our system is old enough that when the power goes out for a long time we loose all the settings because the battery is shot. We had this issue before and I'm not sure what the tech we hired did, but I can make everything else work except this feature and I hate to have him come in everytime.

Right now, when Night Service is activated from Ext 10 the phone rings 4x and then transfers to Ext 10. Normally we'd want it to right twice (usually second time is abbreviated) then it goes to our automated attendant with our OFF HOURS message.

I'll try and give you some of the settings..........sorry if I miss one, just ask and I'll tell you my settings.

#117 VMS Cover Rings = 1
#206 Group Call Dist = Group 7 are lines 1-4 (we only have 4)
#503 Night Service Button = Assigned to button on Ext 10
#505 Hunt Group Ext = Group 7 has Ext 32 and 33 assigned
#506 VMS Hunt Delay = Immediate
#507 VMS Hunt Schedule = Night Only

Should I be doing something with #504 Night Service Group Extensions? Right now I have nothing assigned in that.

Suggestions?

THanks

Jim

Go into Extension programming for Ext.'s 32 & 33 and set to no ring on all 4 lines. In system programming, go to #306 and set return ext for 32 & 33 to 10. Assign privacy # 304 to 32 & 33.

Remember, use #728 to reboot system to not loose system translations.

VMS cover #117, should be 3 or 4 ..... one ring, does not give user enough time to answer a call.

you do not need to populate #504

If the processor loses programming due to a dead internal battery, it might time for a replace/upgrade. Switching to the Partner ACS will provide a means to save programming so that a loss of power won't require a reprogram from scratch.

With the Partner platform now retired, plenty of equipment on the secondary market and prices having come down from their insane spike, a replacement R6 processor shouldn't be a budget buster.

I [love2] "FEATURE 00"

Thanks for the responses! Sorry, just getting back to this. [sad]

I don't ever remember doing #306 so excuse my ignorance. When I went in there and went to 32 it said Data 32 so I changed it to Data 10. Is that right?

I'm a little confused on the first part, programming Ext 32 & 33. Can I do that remotely via Ext 10?

Thanks for the help!!!!

It is not necessary to change the lines assigned to 32 and 33 to No Ring, because they are programmed as members of Hunt Group 7, which overrides several settings (including ringing).

You still have something going on here. Your lines are assigned to the automated attendant, the AA is programmed to answer only when the Night Service button is on, and the number of rings is set to Immediate, which is actually 2 rings.

Check to verify that ONLY 32 and 33 are assigned to Hunt Group 7. (Assuming that you are using a Partner Mail VS, with only 2 ports, located in the last slot, with 206 cards in slots 1, 2, and 4, with a Partner Plus or II processor in the center slot). If there is anything other than the actual voicemail ports assigned to HG 7, the call will "ring" there, not be answered, and then hunt to the next extension in the group, ending up at an actual VM port.

#306 is Transfer Return Extension, so that if the Auto Attendant transfers a called to an extension WITHOUT voicemail coverage, and the call is not answered, it will then transfer to Ext. 10 instead of returning to the voicemail port that did the transfer.

#504 is only for any phones that are not programmed to ring in the day mode, to begin ringing when in night service. Does not impact the voicemail ports.

Still no dice here.......I might just kill the power on it and start over. Seems like we did that the last time.

Two questions;

I had a note for #502 to set GROUP 1 for Ext 10-28

#507, with a night service button assigned, sould #507 Always or Night Only?

Additional info from last post....

Right now, with the Night Service button on, the phone rings 4 full times and then answers on a brief 5th ring and says transferring to receptionist where it just rings and rings.

You need to make sure your voicemail ports are programmed properly. #505, hunt group 7, x32 and x33. Please list out your modules (from left to right) as you might have the wrong extensions listed for voicemail.

#505 has hunt group 7 assigned 32 and 33

Modules;
1 - 206E 4.1
2 - 206E 4.1
3 - Processor Module 4.1
4 - 206E 4.1
5 - Partner Mail VS 4.0

Does your Partner Mail VS have a PCMCIA card in it, and if so, does it say 4 Ports? If so, add 30 and 31 to hunt group 7.

Without removing it, from what it says on the card that I can see it says Expansion Card-20, Ver 1.0

From a phone, dial Intercom 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, and 33. Which give you a busy signal, which give you either welcome to Partner Mail VS or Transferring to receptionist? Those that answer need to be in hunt group 7.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back