Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Partner II V4.1 - Partner Mail 5.0 Answers to soon. 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

ihatehndls

Technical User
Apr 30, 2002
US
Hi,
I have a customer that has a main answering position that answers most calls and is owner of five specific lines. Those five lines need to start a delayed ring at a second station after four rings (standard delay for Partner II) and then go to voice mail after four rings at the second station.
I've set this up as delayed only to the second station and it goes to the VM on the forth ring B4 it starts ringing at the second station.
I have also set the second station as coverage from the first. And I can see it is "Coverage Sta 10" during the ringing cycle, but it still goes to VM after the first four rings. I know I'm doing something wrong. But the documentation seems to lead me to believe this can be accomplished. Any ideas? I really appreciate anyone's help.
Rex

So you want these five lines to ring at Ext. 10 4 times, then continue ringing at 10 but also start ringing at another extension 4 more times, then go to Ext. 10's mailbox?

Try NOT assigning the lines to CallDistGrp-7 (#206-7-XX-2), and assigning them to Call Cover (#208-XX-10). Then you need to set Call Cover Rings to 8 (#116-8). Set Ext. 10 to immediate ring, and the other extension to delayed ring.

(I only THINK that this will work)

Thanks. Do we call you Tommy?
I'll give it a try later this week. I really do appreciate your help.
Rex

I finally was able to try to fix this. I sort of worked, but I really need to send the call back to the auto-attendent for this customer, not to extension 10. Any ideas?
Rex

The maximum delay you could set for a call to end up at the automated attendant is 6 rings (and even then only with an ACS). You can delay a call ending up at a personal mailbox almost indefinitely, but not to the AA and not with a PM VS. Sorry.

Of course, one way to work around this is to record an automated attendant-style greeting in box 10, but it's pretty clumsy.

Your work around will work,it goes to ext 10 and takes forever, but I'm not sure I want to do that. Is there an extension number that will ring to a specific AA?
Rex

Not on a PM VS. There is no class of service or mailbox type that will allow a caller to terminate into an AA.

There is one workaround that you can do, clumsy as it is. Assign immediate ring to 10, delayed ring to extX. Set call coverage for extX to an unused extension port, say extension 32. Loop extension 32 into an unused CO line port. Assign that line to the VM hunt group 7 (#206) on 0 rings (#506). Hardware intensive, but it would work.

Thanks, I'll try anything. This customer has been very patient and I want the system to work as close to the way it was sold to them.
Thanks again. I'll let you know.
Rex

It'll work, but only one call at a time, and the answer delay can only be 2 or 4 rings since it's a Partner II. Wish there was a better solution, but maybe it's time to upgrade to newer hardware.

Thanks for all you help. Maybe my manager should have sold them something else last year instead of this.
Rex

Hello,

I have a Partner Mail Standalone 4 port R 3.0 system. And an ACS Processor 5.0 system.

I have 4 lines coming in. I would like to answer a call and then transfer it to an outside phone number. The phone company has a service called transfer and disconnect for this. I am wondering if this same service can be programmed through our phone system.

This is my first post here. I hope I did it right. Thanks.

Stephen

Yes, I believe you can on your PMR3. To verify, sign in box 9997, choose your automated attendant, choose modify for day menu, then select an unused selector code (like 8), choose modify, then listen to the choices. If one of the choices is Centrex Transfer, you can do it. If that choice is not given, it can't be done.

Thanks. I will check it out. How do I sign in for box 9997? Is that function 777? Or some other way? Thanks again.

S

9997# 123456# 9 if all is factory. See other threads on how to reset an R3 if you do know the password and need to reset.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back