Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Partner II system administrator mailbox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kerflumper

IS-IT--Management
Mar 1, 2010
US
Is there a way to find out what the system administrator mailbox is? Evidently it was changed from the default of 9997 and there is no note as to what it was changed.

Connect to the serial port, using a null modem cable, 1200-N-8-1, and use the serial number as the password. Select the option for Configuration Reports, and the first screen will give you the extension number of the System Administrator's mailbox. (not the passwords, of course)

It's a Partner Mail VS R4.0. I did try plugging into the RS232 port with a NM cable, but had no luck.

Partner Mail VS System Administrator's mailbox is 99 (not 9997) and can't be changed.

The administration mailboxes change with different types of Partner voicemails
Partner Mail = 9997
Mail VS = 99
Messaging = 0

they didn't want to keep it consistent just because it would be boring otherwise

Joe W.

FHandw., ACSS

insanity is just a state of mind

I see. All the notes that were left behind indicated 9997. Now the task will be in finding out/changing the password which evidently was not documented.

For that, you could either contact Avaya or a local Authorized Avaya Business Partner. Both can reset it for you if the password is lost. The Local Business Partner will charge less than Avaya and you could even establish a relationship with them. [thumbsup2]

If it ain't broke, I haven't fixed it yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back