Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Partner II External Ringer Setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryan Griggs

IS-IT--Management
Nov 18, 2022
US
Hello, I have been tasked with adding external ringers to an existing AT&T/Lucent/AVAYA Partner II key system.
The system already has one external ringer connected, which rings with all incoming POTS lines.
Can I simply connect additional external ringers like this one (link) in parallel to the existing one? There is surely a current limit on the ringing circuit.

I have reviewed the "PARTNER Advanced Communications System Programming and Use" manual but can't find anything about configuring a port as a ringer, or the specs related.

Any pointers greatly appreciated!

I don't know what the current limits on the ports would be, but I would thing you could have two. As for using other ports they would just have to be assigned the lines and set to immediate ring.

Dermis and feline can be divorced by manifold methods.*
*(Disclaimer for all advise given)--'Version Dependent'

Thank you for your reply!
How would this be accomplished programmatically? I would want a single port to ring for any incoming call on any POTS line.

Also, do you recommend any particular ringer for this type of application? (indoors)

By default all ports are going to ring for all incoming lines. You can use any of the station ports. All of them will support the analog external ringers. You may want to test a port before you spend much time programming.
At extension 10 is where you do the programming. Feature 00. Left intercom key twice and right intercom once. It should ask for an extension number. Enter the ext #. The line keys will light up solid if the are set to immediate ring. If the are not lit or blinking press the line key repeatedly until the light is steady. Feature 00 to exit programming.

Dermis and feline can be divorced by manifold methods.*
*(Disclaimer for all advise given)--'Version Dependent'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back