Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Partner II Expansion

Status
Not open for further replies.

kostmayer

IS-IT--Management
Mar 1, 2003
US
I have a friend that has a Partner II system. He wants to expand it beyond the existing chassis. He has a second partner system. The processors are the same. I have minimal experience on Partner systems. I know they make an expansion box that connects to the primary box. Is the expansion box just another chassis? or is it a different part? Is there just a special cable that connects them or do I need to find an expansion box and an expansion processor?

Is it just a connect and normal config or anything special using one?

Thanks

It is the same carrier, and uses the same station and line cards, but it requires an "Expansion Processor", which comes with the special cable that connects the two processors together.

You need to make sure you have a Partner II not a Partner Plus system. The Plus can not be expanded. You can tell by looking at the main processor card (center slot in the carrier) and look at the identifying sticker.. it should say Partner II Rx.x. You can also look at the face of the card, there is a large multi-pin connector point on the Partner II card. The Partner II Expansion processor looks very similar but is wired a little differently, it will not act as a stand alone processor. The Expansion card needs to be in the center slot of the second carrier. Also, if you are adding cards, you may need to re-shuffle where they are in the system. the 206 processors need to be at the far left, then any CO line cards like the 200 or 400 then the Partner VS voicemail needs to be the farthest card to the right (other than the expansion processor). You may need to re-assign the Group Hunt extensions for Group 7 (voice mail) to match which slot you move your Partner VS to. Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back