Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Partner II Expansion processor won't power up 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

chevyman1

Technical User
Apr 5, 2006
US
I have an expansion processor that won't power up. I powered up the expansion carrier first, then the primary cabinet second. The LEDs on the expansion processor come on for fifteen seconds and then go off. I have a full compliment of modules in the primary cabinet, a 206 (that test good) in slot one and the expansion processor in the P slot. It powered up fine at my office but not at the customer location. I performed a system reset, it did not help. Any ideas?

bad cable ?

bad processor ?

I assume the first carrier and cards all work

have you tried reseating all the cards ?

its older stuff , could be the move from your shop and install was just enough to do it in

Disconnect 2nd carrier - remove all but processor and one 206 from first carrier and see if it powers up successfully. That will tell you if something else is bringing it down.
Mike

Are you saying that it will power up without the primary processor. I was lead to believe that the primary processor had to send a command by way of the interface cable to turn it on. Can I plug a power cord directly to the expansion processor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back