Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Partner expansion processor not working 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mbdelong

Technical User
Jul 21, 2004
US
I am trying to add a Partner Expansion Processor R3.1. With everything hooked up, I can't get it to work or its light to go on. The 206E module in another slot also doesn't come on. But if I remove the expansion processor module from its slot, then the light for the 206E does come on. Is there any way of determining if the expansion processor module is working or broken?

Thanks,
Mike

are you turning them on ,the expansion first, wait 2 sec then turn on the main cabinet

are you turning them on ,the expansion first, wait 2 sec then turn on the main cabinet

I've always plugged the two cabinets into a single outlet strip and turned them on together never had them not come up

never heard of the 2 sec delay between powering master and slave.

I've never heard of it before either, but it sure worked!

Remove the umbicle cord from the Expansion processor. Does the processor power up? Try the exp proc with nothing else hooked up, no oother cards in the 2nd carrier.

I had this happen once and did a soft reset, #728 and then the second carrier came to life.

Both carriers will come up at the same time unless the processor gets "confused". If you do one at a time, the expansion *must* be up before the processor, or it does not exist as far as the processor is concerned. If your expansion is lazy coming up, look at the breaker / power switch or the power supply in the expansion processor. Thesse things never get better with time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back