Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Partner Appearance/Page Emulation

Status
Not open for further replies.

saexpress

IS-IT--Management
May 27, 2004
US
Hello again. Thanks for the help the last couple days, but I have another question I'm not sure about.

One of the higher-ups in our company want a button feature on his phone that we had with our previous phone system, an AT&T Partner system. What he wants is very similar to the User feature where it shows the appearance of a user's phone, but he wants it to call their intercom when he presses it. Essentially I need to mix the appearance functionality of the User feature with the intercom function of the Dial Intercom feature.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks.

You can transfer a call using the user button, but only if the party you are calling is not on the phone (if the button is illuminated). Hopefully this is something they are working on.

Greetings,

Although it does not exactly fit your specification, my solution is to have an "auto intercom" button that a user would press before pressing a standard "user" button. The "user" button provides the traditional BLF function, and by pressing auto intercom + the user button, you get that unique voice announce/hands-free reply function.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back