Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Partner Answers Line 1 and hangs line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnatEstate

Vendor
Jul 7, 2002
US
I am working on a partner plus R3 and have a problem with Line 1. The call rings once and disappears. The line is on Red and there is no sound on the line. If line is left on hook, it will stay connected, but no sound on line. If I switch line 1 and 2, the problem stays on line 1, so it isn't a phone line problem.I think I have a bad port on the system.

Could be one of the extensions/extension ports is answering line one on the first ring and tieing it up. Program the buttons with light on a phone to show each of the ports in the system (even ports you don't have anything hooked up to), then call line 1 and see if any of them light up. If so, check that extension for a high resistance short from tip to ring causing it to auto answer when it rings.

does this system have a doorphone?
if so, turn the ringing off.
this happend to me once

you could try and un plug all the ext's one at a time at the switch,with a working phone next to you so you can see if the light goes out.
if you have a door phone turn the ringers off on all lines

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back