Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Partner ACS VMS R4 AA off?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cfwdude

MIS
Nov 12, 2002
US
I currently have an auto attendant picking up calls and "I'll transfer you to the receptionist" and transfers to ex. 10. How do I turn this off?
I just want voicemail to pick up after 4 rings or all busy.

Thanks.

Sounds as if you do not have your voice mail ports assigned to Hunt Group 7, so when calls arrive, the Auto Attendant doesn't know what to do with them.

Figure out what the VM port extensions are, (post your hardware configuration if you don't what they are), then go into System Programming and do this:

#505-7-XX-1 (where XX is the VM port Extension Number) for each VM port

#206-7-NN-1 (where NN is the line number that you want answered by the Auto Attendant) for each line

Then record an auto attendant greeting, and you should be good.

If you want a mail box to answer instead of the auto attendant, do #206-7-NN-2 AND #208-NN-XX to specify which mailbox answers each line.

Remember to assign Auto VMS Cover to the extension with voice mail (#310-XX-1)

I tried out what you posted, and put my VM extensions into #505 (ex 44,45,46)
and verified the #206 settings, but I want the Auto Attendant NOT to answer the phone, only to go to voice mail if no answer (4 rings) or all lines busy.

Currently the Auto Attendant picks up, and forwards to the receptionist (ext 10) and VM never picks up.

??

thanks again

If all your lines are busy then your voicemail will not answer. The person calling will get a busy signal if all your lines in you hunt group are busy. When you say you want the line to ring four times then go to voice mail do you mean right to a specific mailbox (similar to an answering machine)or do you want the person calling to have choices on how the call is routed?

Ok, that makes sense about all lines busy, and yes, I mean to one specific mailbox, no choices in routing. there is to be one voicemail box only.
So someone call, all 3 phones ring, any can pick up, if no answer after 4 rings, voicemail.

thanks

Set vms cover for that mailbox(#310 ext# =1 assigned).Next assign line coverage for that extension (#208, enter line #,then enter ext#. Repeat for all lines). Then vms cover delay #321= 4 rings (default is 3).

Almost forgot. If your ACS is release 3.0 or newer #321 is the code for cover rings. Release 2.0 or earlier it is #117 and there will not be an option for extension number. (it is a system wide setting)

Make sure you undo your group call dist.(#206 group 7 line# =2 unassigned)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back