Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Partner ACS upgrades? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

NTGoober

MIS
Aug 13, 2003
US

Can an *original* ACS be upgraded?

I recently bought, what looks like to be an "R1" ACS. It is labeled "Partner ACS", so I assume that since there are rev numbers that it must be "R1", or an "Original" ACS.

I have an R4 card with remote access that I have put into the unit (thinking that all I need to do is put the card into it to upgrade it), but it doesn't seem to have any v4 features, nor allow me to access the remote access port.

What can I reasonably expect this Original ACS to upgrade to? Or, have I just upgraded it with an incorrect procedure?

Thank in advance for any input.

Try f59 to see what the actual Version is, but most are upgradable to r5 With the right Upgrade cards.

Jason

F59 gives me
"Partner ACS R1.1 C01"
This is with the R4 card in it.

Any ideas what might be wrong with the upgrade?

the upgrade R4 card must have been previouly used ,you can only upgrade 1 time

If the upgrade card were unused, it would have upgraded on reboot with it in... Sounds like its allready used, Like Cvrbob said.... Just becouse the card had been used in a R4 Processor, doesnt mean it will "Transport" the software, just the programming, if I read the post right.... You can get the upgrade cards from several places on the internet.

Jason

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back