Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Partner ACS Remote Administration 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

phonemom

Vendor
Dec 13, 2005
US
Could someone post the settings for my laptop modem I am using for RAC access? I can't find it in the "Getting Started" installation manual. It suddenly stopped working, even with a direct connection to ext. 76 on my lab system. I'm able to get a connection, but can't establish a session. I'm also able to connect directly through my serial port. It's been somewhat unreliable in the past (as with all PACS RAC connections), but now doesn't work. I've uninstalled and re-installed my modem driver to no avail. I don't think putting an external modem on every site I remotely administer is possible at this time. I'm also able to connect with Legend/Magix systems, so the modem is good. Thanks in advance.

Thank you for your response. Yes, each system has a password. It is only recently that I've had issues logging in.

If it suddenly stopped working even when connecting to your lab unit then perhaps the issue is the laptop modem.

I have only ever had a couple sites work. And then only sometimes.
Different strokes for different modems I suppose.
Probably need old school laptop and modem.

Thank you CarGoSki,
Oddly, the modem is working fine when I connect to a Legen/Magix.
This is an old (2001) laptop running Window XP Pro, SP3. I've kept this laptop just for programming Avaya's older products.
Modem is a Lucent Win Modem and has the following settings:
Baud Rate: I've tried everything from 2400 to 11520.
Data Protocol: Disabled
Compression: Disabled
Flow Control: None
Data Bits: 8
Parity: None
Stop Bits: 1
Modulation: Standard
I've turned off/on the FIFO buffers.
Again, thank you for taking a look at this.

Yes Merlin connections are much better than Partner connections. There are a few guys on this board who claim to have great success connecting to partners however my success rate is not that good with Partner. For merlin I have been able to make my laptop modem connections even better by changing the com port used. In device manager I changed the built in modem from com 3 to com 2 and the pcmcia modem from com 4 to com 3. Now both are much more reliable when used for Merlin.

I have not had the opportunity to try a partner connection since I changed com ports last year. I do have a partner acs right next to me. Maybe I will try to connect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back