Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Partner ACS R7

Status
Not open for further replies.

pcabn

Technical User
May 14, 2007
US
I have ACS R7. Caller ID quit about two weeks ago. LEC has tested all lines at DMARC and they all are still providing caller ID. My thought is the processor is not passing it through. I don't see where a setting could shut it off. Not saying there is no option like that but I can't find anything. I have four 308 EC cards. Not sure if one of those goes bad as far as caller ID if it would affect the whole system. Thanks

Test it with just the Processor in the carrier. Back out the other cards with the power off then fire it up. See if it works. If it does add the 308's one at a time.

take co #1 off system and put butt set on monitor. after first ring you should here the caller id signal coming thru. never trust a provider. if you dont hear the signal ask for vendor meet.

You did not mention if all lines are passing CID or just one or two, or none of them. There is programming for the ring delay, because the CID is sent between the first and second ring.

....JIM....

No lines were passing caller ID. I had a new processor but could not use it. When I tried to restore it it said wrong version. The original said R 7.0.91s The new onw said R 7.2. I never saw that before. However after putting the old processor back in I tested one card at a time for caller ID and they all worked. It is passing it now. Maybe it was tired and needed a break. Anyways it is working now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back