Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Partner ACS R7 Remote VOIP Extension 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Resintel

Technical User
Aug 18, 2006
US
Gents,

I have a client who has a Partner ACS R7 who would like to set up a remote extension. Is anyone familiar with VOIP hardware that can accommodate this request?

Thanks

It is called IP Office, try to remote forward an extension if you have R6 or higher. Or buy a small office edition and hook a line port into an extension of the Partner system then have a remote IP phone log into the IP office.
Total nonsense and really expensive, but would work.

Joe W.

FHandw., ACS

If you can't be good, be good at it!

Check out Multitech, they have 1-4 port FXO/FXS devices to do just what your looking for, a static IP at either end makes it easier to set up.

Thanks for the feedback. The Multitech MVP210 is the ticket.

Would using the Multitech IP setup be a good way to connect 2 offices both with Partner ACS systems?

Yes, take one ext from each end as an FXO and make them as FXS's on the other ends and connect to spare CO ports, this way from either end they can go on a co button and dial any ext at the other end

maybe this is clearer

Building A Building B
Ext 20 as FXO >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>FXS in on CO 6
FXS in on CO 4<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<FXO from Ext 16

Any one in building B can go in on CO 6 and dial any ext in building A, or if they go on the ICM and dial 16 it will also ring all phones that has the CO 4 assinged to it,and vice versa from A to B.

(Ext's and CO's were just used as examples use whatever is spare at both ends)

Thanks so much! I'm trying to visualize transferring a call to the remote location.. Just [trans] then the extension pointing to the CO port on the remote sys? Maybe if this works I can create a few separate "paths" to do this so that multiple calls could take place at once. Transferring calls between offices is a nightmare!!

You got it, to transfer to another office you would hit transfer and the local ext # that's going to the location you want, it will ring on all the phones at the other end on the CO port, whoever answers at that end would now transfer again to whatever ext the call would be for, that's the only draw back is the double transfer.

Actually with only a few employees, I think I can overcome the double transfer. If I have 3 separate local extensions routing to 3 remote CO ports, I'll have one path for the receptionist, one path for the manager, and the 3rd for everyone else. Why didn't I think of this sooner!?

The other option for transfers to the other office would be a DXD card or voicemail autoattendant setup for the CO port being used. It doesn't need a fancy greeting, just something to let the employee know it answered.

It would still require a "double transfer" but would be seemless to the caller and would not require a remote employee to answer first. Less trouble for the employees taking calls, and less ports required(=less money)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back