Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Partner ACS R6, lines ring inspite of beging set to no ring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lsbarker

Technical User
Dec 17, 2008
US
Extension 15, system has 3 lines, everything was working fine until about a week ago. calls to any of the three lines now ring as if set to immediate ring. Looking at the ext. 15 we have changed the line to no ring still rings, delayed ring still ring on first ring, removed the three lines - no ring, put them back on and set to no ring - rings immediate. This is the only active extension that is having a problem an this seems to be the only problem this extension is having. AS this customer is over an hour away I have been working with the customer over the phone. Had the customer move the phone to a different port - extension 25, they did all the programing before calling me back and are saying it is doing the same thing. Could be user error? Any Thoughts? If I can not get this resolved in the next couple days I am going to have them send me the backup card so I can test it in my office.

If it is not user error, it could be that another extenion that is set to ring is forwarded/set to coverage to that extension. I would have them remove any forward as well as any possible coverage and re-check. Those would cause the phone to ring even if the lines were set to no ring.

If that doesn't work, have them put a DND button on, activate it, and see if it still rings.

Call coverage: Feature 20
Forward: Feature 11

You will need to have them do this for all extensions since you don't know where the call is coming from.

That is what I was looking for when I had them remove the lines and test, with no lines it did not ring. That would be a valid test? with the lines removed the phone did not ring so that would rule out coverage and Forwarding ??

Are they using Night Service? Are any of those extensions in a night service group (#504)?

Dan

When in doubt, just keep upgrading! LOL :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back