Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Partner ACS R6.0 not recognizing 308EC in 5 Slot Carrier

Status
Not open for further replies.

Savvydog

Technical User
May 25, 2007
US
Greetings,
I had to replace my ACS R3.0 Processor.

My 5 Slot carrier had the following configuration:
308EC, 308EC, ACS Proc, PMVS 5.0, BLANK

After swaping the the ACS R3.0 for ACS R6.0 and powering up, Slots 1 and 2 had no power light.
ACS and PMVS 5.0 did have power lights.
I pulled out all the cards except for the Processor.
All the lines and extensions worked.
When I added a 308EC at slot 1...no power.
When I put it in slot 2....green light blinks, but extensions do not work.
When I put the 308EC in slot 4, the light is green, the extensions have a dial tone and one can place and receive calls. HOWEVER, extensions 18-25 can not be programmed.
When I use a different 308EC the same result occurs.

Feature 59 indicates the processor is PACS R6.0.B C01.

Any idea what is going on?
Cheers!

I ran into this too. I also found the FEAT 59 doesn't reveal SOE on the display as some of the manuals indicate. Once we got the bright idea of upgrading an SOE to R6.0.B with the upgrade card, but all it did was change it from 6.0.3 to 6.0.B it was still an SOE.

I used to try to do #728 reset-save all with all the modules in and blinking to reset and sometimes that acutally helped. It was more in the Partner II days, but it did help sometimes. maybe you could try that too. My 2 cents.

I don't think that Avaya used special software for the SOE.

I believe that the only thing they did was have Celestica not include the circuitry that allows the processor to communicate with any expansion modules.

I [love2] "FEATURE 00

Thanks All!!

I received a "new to me" R6.0 processor.
Installed it and all is well.
Happy New Year!
Cheers!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back