Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PARTNER ACS phone system help???

Status
Not open for further replies.

brianb1998

Technical User
Nov 29, 2005
US
i was wondering if anyone could help me. we are converting from an old modular 66 block system to the new PARTNER ACS release 7. We have 6 lines and 15 phones we need to connect so that they all ring when a call comes in on any line. right now the equipment we have is the partner ACS box and the extension box we also have cat 3 cable run to each location where there should be a phone. we would like to put connectors on the ends of the cables and connect directly to the phones what we really need help with is connecting the mod block to the ACS line box. any info would be extremely help full. and if you could really dumb it down for me i have never done ant thing like this before

Thanks A lot

most people will probably recommend you leave the 66 block in place and use it for cross connects. Makes for much easier changes and trouble shooting in the future. It would be very easy to take each cable and crimp the appropriate connector on it but using the 66 block give you more flexability and a much neater, logical easier installation to work on. 66 block wiring and cross-connects are very simple. Wiring diagrams readily available anywhere.

Yes Yes Yes!!! Brian, leave the 66 block in!! cross connect from the 66 block to the ACS module. If you have the ACS mounted on the wall properly and close to the 66 block a qualified tech could do this for you in less than an hour. And then when changes are needed or troubles arise(and both WILL happen), he or any other qualified tech won't have to spend wasted time trying to figgure out how the extensions are wired.
Do yourself a favor, spend the $$, call a local tech (preferably an Avaya experienced one), and save your self $$$$$$ and headaches in the future.

they gave you good advice in the avaya forum .

a few hundred dollars for somebodey who is knoweledgale will be your best move at this point.

we do is kind of thing from time to time , cable in place customers equipment and we could do it in a couple of hours for less then 200.00 typicaly

you show a complete lack of understanding of telephony which is why properly advising you would be beyond the scope of a public forum.

the partner is probably the easist to install for somebody with evan basic knowldege or who can read and comprehend the manual

Go to that site, it makes it very easy to plug in one end on the partner, then punch down to a 66 block on the other end. From there cross connect to the existing 66 block with your cat 3 cabling already on it. If you are not able to figure it out from this, get a proffessional to help.

Remember, you do not always get what you pay for, but you never get what you do not pay for.

2 hours and a proffessional has this done, three if you do not leave him alone to do his job.

You do not always get what you pay for, but you never get what you do not pay for.

I agree with the advice that you have already received. The work you need done could be done by a tech in short order. The only thing I might add is that since you don't seem to have much telecom knowledge, putting ends on the cables might be tricky for you. Jacks may be easier to terminate. Then you can use the regular mounting cords for the telephones. These cords are more pliable than a CAT3 plug-ended cable, making it easier to move telephones around the desk, thread through office funiture, and replace if damaged. If there isn't a lot of crawling under the furniture, sliding into tight spaces, etc., a tech could get your jacks on fairly quickly also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back