Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PARTNER ACS PC admin

Status
Not open for further replies.

brianb1998

Technical User
Nov 29, 2005
US
ok for those of you that remember me i got everything working on my own and i never had to call a vendor but i am having a little problem connecting to the admin port im using a db9 to d925 to 355af to rj45 to admin but the software says that something else may be using the port but when i check the settings on the port it say its free any ideas oh and i dont have a remote access card the boos wont put up the funds for one

thanks in advance

Try looking on Ebay for a RAC, maybe get one for $20.

You do not always get what you pay for, but you never get what you do not pay for.

do yoiu know what i could search for to find it on ebay i looked for PARTNER RAC and PARTNER phone systems and no RACs thanks

Hard to say...

I've used an RAC for some things, but they have always said Avaya. I've heard that you have to have the proper revision for what version you have (I've used the same card for R5, R6, and R7, so that may not be true, but the card I use says 2002 on it, so it may be that the most recent revision is backwards compatible).

The thing to keep in mind is that PC administration for Partner systems is limited. You cannot change things in real time, nor can you program Voicemail with it (you can do a VS with a seperate program)

I really only use PC administration for inital programming, or to work on a system that may be, say, 3 hours away. But for tweaking, I generally use the keypad on the phone.

And by the way, I'm glad you were able to get it working on your own after all. We really only were trying to help. I cannot tell you how many times we've had to clean up a mess from someone who tried to "do it themselves" and ended up needing help anyways.

If the boss wants PC administration, he should spring for a RAC though.

By the way, I wouldn't pay $50 for those cards just to get an RAC...

yeah i understand the advice i didnt give my backgroung so no one knew that i was an engineer i just hadent worked on phones but i fount the handy hubble 66 block to rj45 adapters for about 6$ each i believe the part # was br866jc they and perfect for this job..... and the main reason i want to use the pc admin is that there is a way to assign a new extension to the extension port like i said i want ext. 17 to be reached by dialing 00 on the intercom and i dont know if you can do it through the phone but if you know how let me know thanks

The ext numbers on the partner are static, and can not be changed. PCadmin, will not help you there. What kind of engineer are you?

You do not always get what you pay for, but you never get what you do not pay for.

yeah i understand the advice i didnt give my backgroung so no one knew that i was an engineer i just hadent worked on phones but i fount the handy hubble 66 block to rj45 adapters for about 6$ each i believe the part # was br866jc they and perfect for this job..... and the main reason i want to use the pc admin is that there is a way to assign a new extension to the extension port like i said i want ext. 17 to be reached by dialing 00 on the intercom and i dont know if you can do it through the phone but if you know how let me know thanks"

R.T.F.M.

The ext numbers on the partner are static, and can not be changed. PCadmin, will not help you there. What kind of engineer are you?
PCadmin does not allow you to change the ext number from 17 to 00, it can not be done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back