Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Partner ACS line connection problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimsotz

Technical User
Nov 8, 2012
US
Our Partner ACS R1.0 system receives incoming calls but they cannot be answered on any phone line and they go to voice mail. Also there is no dial tone on any line for outgoing calls, just a hissing. Trunk lines are all fine when checked independently of the system so it is not a phone company issue. We had a several day power failure from the storm which may have precipitated this.

I charged the very old system batteries and it seemed to fix things temporarily but then it stopped working again. I am thinking it may be a battery related issue but not sure. The green light is on on the system module. Suggestions?

Unplug the lines from the system, go to x10, press feature 00, Left Intercom Button twice, then #728. This will reset/reboot the system. Plug the lines back in. If they still have static it is an issue with the line ports on the system and you will either need to get it repaired or buy a new one.

Did all that and it still doesn't work. Can it be repaired? Who could do this?

Not sure where you are located, but i have used metroline before.

Do you think it is worth it to pay Metroline $150 + shipping to repair it or am I better off getting a refurbished one for ~$500?

Static on the lines should be pretty easy for them to fix. The drawback is that it only comes with a 90 day warranty versus a full warranty on a refurbed unit. They are all getting older so failure is more common these days. That R1 is probably 10 years old at this point. If you get a refurbed one it will come as an R6 versus your R1. Call forward was added if you have interest in that. Also, daylight savings is fixed in the new R6.

I pulled the processing unit out of the 5 slot enclosure and reinserted it and strangely it now seems to work. Maybe it will be short-lived but we shall see. Any ideas why this would happen?

The power-cycle probably cleared the problem. The question is for how long? I'd replace the processor with an R6.

I [love2] "FEATURE 00

Well the fix was short-lived and the lines are dead again Monday morning. Unplugging/replugging the module does not work now. And so I am sending it in to Metroline for repairs. I did a manual back-up of all programming to the card beforehand.

I can't help but feel there is a simple solution to this and I am needlessly laying out $150 plus shipping both ways. So it goes. [evil]

Like Dexman says, buying an R6 processor would be a better option. Investing some money in your business for the phone system should be a top priority.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back