Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Partner ACS Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

GatorDave

Vendor
Jul 29, 2002
US
So, I had a new adventure this morning. New customer calls us to install a Partner system. No problem. System is on the wall already and powered up. It is a 5-Slot Partner II (old one with the big clips on the bottom), a Partner ACS Processor in the middle slot, Partner 308EC in slot 1 and a Partner Mail in Slot 2 (no expansion card in it). My guys cross connect all phones and I program the whole system. No issue. As we are walking out the door the customer says "Hey what about this battery message." No biggie we just need to change the two AAA Batteries. I go and swap out the batteries. And...no display on any phone in the place. No display, no dial tone, no nothing. Remove the new batteries...nothing. Replace old batteries...nothing. Remove the ACS card from the cabinet and plug it in directly...NOTHING. Now, please know that nothing actually means that I get power to the card(s) whether in the cabinet or not and the LED light goes green as it appears to be normal. But the phones are dead.

Any ideas?

GatorDave

Try this.....

Isolate the processor by powering down the carrier and unseating the expansion module & the voicemail. Power up the processor and check to see if the problem has cleared. If so, power down and seat the expansion module and check again. If good....power down, seat the voicemail, power up and check again.

At this point, I might suggest to the customer to allow you to change out the old carrier and install the final Partner ACS version.

Just curious....what revision is the customer's Partner ACS processor?

I [love2] "FEATURE 00"

He said "Remove the ACS card from the cabinet and plug it in directly...NOTHING."

Proves its the Processor. Probably a bad power supply in it. An accident waiting to happen, especially if it was an R3 or earlier when it was new. (it could have been flashed higher)

Either replace the processor or the Power Supply.

I believe it is a R7. The card actually powers up and "goes green." Does it seem likely that it is the power supply in that case?

Dave

GatorDave.
Your problem sounds like the " Lights on but no ones home " issue with some of the 509 boards.
I have had this happen on the 7.0 & 8.0 boards and I believe power on/off may cause it.
I have been told that the unit has to be re-flashed for a fix. I have had this same issue on 4 boards in the past few years.
Bad timing for you since it happened after the install but the unit can be repaired if my guess is correct.
Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back