Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Partner ACS Extension Port to CO Port Loop

Status
Not open for further replies.

VoiceAmerica

Technical User
Aug 9, 2002
US
In attempting to have (3) Partner Telephones ring at the same time BUT after approx. 6-rings for the call to go into a voice mailbox.

Partner ACS R5 & Partner Mail VS R4

1st way I tried.

Set Calling Group Extensions (#502)for Group-1 Ext's 10, 12 & 34 also added Extension 36 which is looped directly to CO Port-8. Assign Line Coverage Extension #208 for line-8 to extension 34. Assigned Group Call Distribution (#206)to Line Coverage. Set VMS Hunt Delay (#506)to 4-rings. Set Schedule to Always. Voice Mail Auto Attendat Selector Code-4 transfers to Ext-71. All calls to transfer and ring the designated extensions BUT...

Problem: Un answered calls never go to mailbox 34. After alot of rings calls will get answered by Auto Attendant which says something to the effect of "please wait while your call is transfered to the receptionist". then transfers call to ext-10.

2nd way I tried.

Loop Ext-36 to Line-8. Program Line-8 on the 3-extensions 10, 12 & 34. Set Line Coverage for Line-8 to be ext-34. Again calls will rings the line button but do not go to voice mail box-34 nbut instead goes to System AA Greeting then transfers to ext-10.

Please note: there is already one ext-22 that has a direct line-6 ringing with line coverage to it's mailbox which works just fine.

Please help.

Also assign CO-8 to Ext. 36 through #301.

Remove the assignment of CO-8 from Call Dist Group 7 through #206-7-08-2.

Assign Ext. 36 to cover CO-8 through #208-08-36.

Assign number of Call Cover Rings for Ext. 36 through #321-36-X.

Loop Ext. 36 to CO-8.

Include 36 in the calling group #502-1-36-1.

Assign Auto VMS Cover to Ext. 35 through #310-36-1.

And of course, create a Mailbox 36.

That should]/b] do it!

Hi Touch Tone Tommy,

Thank you for your fast reply.

To clarify, I want calls for Calling Group-1 (71) to goto mailbox-10 if not answered. Also on the Group Call Dist, am I to program (none, group-7=AA or group-7=VMS Line Cover).

I will put an appearance immediate ring button of CO Line-8 on ONLY extension 36 which is looped to the CO-8 port?

Please advise.

Thanks Again,

Larry

OK, hold on. Your original post led me to believe that you wanted group calls to be covered by mailbox 36. The steps I posted above will accomplish that. Ext. 36 will ring at the same time the other phones in group 1 ring, and Ext. 36 is ringing into line 8. If no one answeres the call, Line 8 will be answered by Ext. 36's mailbox. That's why line 8 must be programmed onto Ext. 36, with immediate ring for Ext. 36 to be able to cover line 8. Yes, you set line 8 as Not Assigned to CallDistGroup 7, through #206-7-08-2, as above.

Now, if you want Ext. 10's mailbox to cover unanswered group calls, there is a way to do it simply. When you program a voice mail unit, you set the "Transfer Return Extension" for each of the voice mail ports to Ext. 10. This way, calls sent to an extension without voice mail cover that are unanswered, do not return to the voice mail port that sent them, but rather go to Ext. 10. Ext. 10's mailbox will answer after the VMS cover rings for Ext. 10 is met, or immediately if 10 is in DND.

Now here's the gotcha. For some reason, calls to a calling group from an auto attendant do NOT return anywhere, they just continue to ring until answered or abandoned. Curiously, if you purposly misprogram the transfer return extension setting for the voice mail ports to point back to themselves, transfers to the calling group will return to the voice mail port that sent them. When they get there, they come without "mode codes" that indicate to the voice mail how to handle them. The voice mail will pause a moment, then announce "transferring to operator" and send the calls to Ext. 10. And, Ext. 10's voice mail will eventually answer as above.

So, that may be the quick and dirty solution you are looking for.

Thanks TouchToneTommy,

That sounds like it will work for my first calling froup-71.

However, I also need to do the same thing for calling group-2 (72) and have unanswered calls goto mailbox-34.

This is where I was hoping the loop around would allow calls to this group-72 (exts 10,12,34 & 36-looped to co-8) would get vm cover via the the co-8 line owner which is ext-34.

Call were rings fine etc. BUT where going also to the very same default call answer and transfer to the operator, instead of to mailbox-34.

Could you give me the steps for ext-co looping to accomplish this.

Thanks,
Larry

Ah, but you can't have it both ways! If you do the misprogram the VM ports senario, calls to the other calling groups time out the same way. You would need to fiddle with the transfer return rings and the call cover rings to get the calls to cover to the line owner before they returned to the VM to be transferred to Ext. 10. Make sense?

Anyway, for group 2, it's just like outlined above. The extension that is looped to a CO also has that CO assigned to it, and is the call cover extension of the line.

But for different groups and different owners, you would loop different extensions to different CO's.

Loop (say) Ext. 34 to CO 8 and make 34 a member of calling group 1. (And CO 8 is assigned to Ext 34, which is the call cover extension for CO 8)

Loop Ext. 36 to CO 9 and make 36 a member of calling group 2 with CO 9 assigned to Ext. 36 and 36 the call cover extension for CO 9.

Etc.....

Thanks TouchToneTommy,

I will program first thing tomorrow AM. I think ( and will find out in the AM) that the problem was I didn't have the looped CO line appear and ring on the looped extension. Without the appearance with either immediate or delay ring it will not follow line ownership etc.

Hopefully this solves it.

Have a GREAT DAY and THANKS for ALL your HELP!!

Larry

I have attempted to implement the CO port loop on my system (ACS R6 w/Partner Messaging R6) with some success. At this point everything works as intended but the call group only rings once before going to voice mail. The desired result here is four. How do I increase the number of rings for coverage on the loop?

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back