Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Partner ACS extension cannot make outgoing calls during specific times. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

pfleischman

IS-IT--Management
Apr 28, 2001
US
I inherited responsibility for a Partner ACS system at a client. One of their extensions seems to only be able to make outgoing calls between 10am and 10pm. The problem is this extension is more likely to be used before and after those hours for placing orders to suppliers.

I have no idea where to begin, since that extension is able to make outgoing calls some of the time. What feature would be responsible for this behavior?

I thought night service only affected incoming calls. This is a problem making outgoing calls.

If there is a password set in #403, the system asks for it when going into Night Service, and automatically restricts extensions in the NS group. If the extension is already set for Immediate Ring, you won't see a difference in incoming calls when going into NS.

Once a password is programmed, you must enter it to turn Night Service on and off.
Additionally, if Night Service is on, users in the Night Service Group must enter the
password to make any outgoing calls (except calls to numbers on the Emergency Phone
Number List (#406) and Marked System Speed Dial numbers). Dialing restrictions for
extensions not in the Night Service Group remain the same as during normal daytime
operation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back