Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Partner ACS DID Setup 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

IrishDeval

Vendor
Jan 27, 2005
US
Hello all, in the years that I have been working with the Partner ACS systems I have not had a customer request DID (Direct Inward Dialing) for their system. Can someone let me know what the initial needed equipment setup would be for this? They are going to need 5 DID to start. Thanks

you need the t1 module. Go for the r7 if you need caller id on the DIDs or if t1 lines are PRI.
You will need to do the programming on the T! module through PC Administration- you can't do it through station 10/11 (I think)

Hello again, also couldn't I just give line ownership to specific ext's? Or say line assignments as to where they don't ring at any other ext's but only the one assigned to that line? Thanks again

Are you talking about using a private line like a DID?
You can do that and set up vmailbox cover... but if they are on their line the next call coming through will not go into their Avaya mailbox. If they are using VM from the CO it works fine.

Thanks again for your reply, yes they would like actual private DID lines but I don't think they want to go with the expense of the T-1 module. Can I use the T-1 module without actually having a T-1 circuit? They have about 8 standard incoming lines right now that they will be utilizing. I think the Avaya Partner T-1 module will be more than they need and the programming may be a little difficult on my end? I may just recommend going with a Norstar CICS with 4x0 DID trunk cards. We deal in both systems and the CICS may be the better easier option. Any opinions on the questions on the Avaya T-1 would be appreciated. Thanks

Avaya does not support cid on a t1 on partner, and I don't think you can get pri either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back