Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Partner ACS calling wrong extension

Status
Not open for further replies.

stlinc

Programmer
Feb 12, 2002
US
Partner ACS R3 w/ three additional 308EC's and a stanalone Partner Mail R3. It seems that certain extensions are being redirected when called for some reason. There has been no programming changes made, and no wires moved in the system to cause this.

Customer complained that if you called from ext. 11 to 17, that it would ring 37, or some other old ext. instead, and that a few other users. were experiencing the same issue. I checked all phones, and they are operating correctly, so all I did was check all connections at the switch and pushed all of them to make sure they weren't loose, and all seems fine now. Has anyone ever had this re-direction happen? It would occur on incoming calls, or intercom calls, so it's not a CO issue. The only thing that I could think is that they mentioned they had a power failure on Sat., but the issue didn't arrise until Tues. afternoon. Any thoughts in case this issue arises again?

I may not be able to fix it, but I certainly can't break it any further- Jay

Go around to all the sets and do Feature 11 then the extension of that set. That will remove any fowarding. I find that sometimes customers set forwarding by mistake.

-Hal

turn off call forwarding you would press feature 11 and then enter the 2 digit extention of the phone you are on twice.

sorry if that isn't clear-
example- to turn off call forwarding on ext. 14-
go to 14 press feature 11, 14, 14

Ok, I'll give that a shot. So far I haven't had a call saying that it's happening again, so maybe I'll get lucky and it will stay that way. If it comes up again, I'll go phone to phone and make sure no user has call forwarding on. Thanks to everyone for your input.

I may not be able to fix it, but I certainly can't break it any further- Jay

Hi stlinc,
Turn the system off for 30 sec and back on. This will restart the system with all forwarding off and reload the operating system. This is the best way to correct crazy faults.
-Chris

Turn the system off for 30 sec and back on.

Yup, that cures a lot of problems the easy way!

-Hal

Avayagirl is correct of course. To turn off forwarding you in effect forward the extension to itself hence feature 11, extension # twice. You can, from any extension, forward any extension to any other extension and this can sometimes be a problem if it is done unknowingly by somebody misdialing.

-Hal

Hi,
If a phone has been forwarded, it will "beep" once when called. The call will then disappear. There will be no voicemail coverage either (in case the destination has a vm box).
It does sound more like program corruption in the processor from your description of a power fail. The system can then do any number of odd things even though no one has changed the programming.

-Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back