Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Partner ACS - audio issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

voyager9355

Technical User
Mar 20, 2002
US
Hi all,
I have an old Partner system, 4 phone lines. Problem is one-way-audio.
INBOUND calls (until today!) had been fine. (I called the site, it rang twice, was answered but neither party could hear the other)
OUTBOUND calls ring, but we cannot hear the called party, and they cannot hear us.

Phone lines are connected to an AT&T router for VoIP conversion. Router has been tested - bypassed the Partner with an analog phone connected direct to AT&T router and all 4 lines worked fine. So the issue lies with the Partner - but I don't know enough to pinpoint what's broken. Anyone have any initial thoughts?

There are only 3 cards in the carrier, I am awaiting photos from the site but from what I have been told, there are 2 308EC cards, and what I would assume would be the processor (which I am guessing is going to be the culprit here). Appreciate anyone's input!
Thanks

You can move the lines to different CO ports. Unless the ACS is a 509, at least one of the 4 lines is going to be on one of the 308 cards. Also try the ACS alone, without the carrier and expansion cards.

Set up the connection from the AT&T router to the ACS so that you can bridge your butt set on monitor onto the line. Get a call to fail on the ACS and take it over on the butt set to really confirm that it is not the router.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back