Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Partner ACS adding two 012 station modules.

Status
Not open for further replies.

retiredtelco

Technical User
Jul 27, 2008
US
Avaya Partner ACS R8.0,I'm trying to add two 012E station modules. Left to right, 308 EC, 012E, R8.0 Processor, 012E, Partner Mail VS (4 ports, 40 mailboxes). When I configure it this way the system is not happy. Pull the Partner VS from Slot 4, system is happy, install one of the 012E's in Slot 4, system is happy. What am I doing wrong? Where do I insert the Partner Mail VS? Is it a configuration problem?

Not happy" isn't a lot to go on - how bout a better description of what is happening?

Make sure you've assigned the VM ports properly, otherwise there's no reason it shouldn't work

PartnerPorts_m9qzvw.jpg

Sorry, When I install it with this configuration, all the lines light up on an incoming call, no caller ID, yet when I un install the VS it all works fine. The VS is compatiable with the R8? I did not set up the voice mail though. Would that make a difference?

The VS is compatible, you may have issues of transfers from the AA to extensions in DND.

all the lines light up on an incoming call

This tells me you haven't put Ext. 53, 54, 55, and 56 into Hunt Group 7
See picture above for how we come up with the VM port extensions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back